Totally lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amby35

Recently purchased a scanner, whistler ws1025 and I'm determined that I bought the wrong thing! It will not pick up local police or ANYTHING and never has.. Can someone tell me why or if I bought the wrong thing? 😞

captclint

Mentor
Recently purchased a scanner, whistler ws1025 and I'm determined that I bought the wrong thing! It will not pick up local police or ANYTHING and never has.. Can someone tell me why or if I bought the wrong thing? 😞
Welcome to RR. We can help, but we need to know your state, county, and city/town of interest.

Amby35

I'm in Rolling Fork Mississippi. Sharkey County. I'm only interested in Rolling Fork and maybe Greenville Mississippi

captclint

Mentor
I'm in Rolling Fork Mississippi. Sharkey County. I'm only interested in Rolling Fork and maybe Greenville Mississippi
OK. I am not from you area, so this may prompt someone to clarify.
Sharkey County, show Rolling Fork on 45.42. Your scanner should have no trouble getting that

Washington County shows Greenville on an 800 trunking system, which your scanner can not receive. However, even if you got a scanner that could get it, you are probably too far away to receive it.

Now the sheriff is on a digital system, which your scanner can not receive, but you did not mention wanting to hear them.

Make sure you have the Rolling Fork frequency above, and let us know if still have problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.