*Uniden BC125AT software issue*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHamCounty

Hi,
I just got a BC125AT and am having an issue. I installed the software and driver for win 7. When I installed the driver it said that the driver was installed successfully. Also it shows up in my "device manager" under "ports", so that seems right. I opened the software and put the info in one of the banks. I plugged the scanner in the computer to transfer the data. After selecting "write to scanner icon" I keep getting a message. "All information in you scanner will be erased if you proceed".

One thing that is odd is when the scanner is plugged in it does not show up on the computer itself, not even in >computer>removable device. Any idea what I am missing here? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks I appreciate any help.

dmg1969

The message about all information in your scanner being erased is normal. It's just informing you that you are overwriting what you currently have programmed. What happens if you proceed or have you not tried it yet?

NHamCounty

I went ahead with it. It worked fine. I am just nervous when I see the everything will be erased message!!
I wanted an alpha tagger for years, I am loving it. Programing it from the computer is soo cool.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your answer dmg. Have a great day.

dmg1969

Good to hear. Enjoy it...it's a good analog handheld scanner. I have one about 2 feet away from me on my desk here at work coupled to a RS mag mount antenna on the top of my desk hutch.

PhotoGuyNJ

Great Subject, I also have a BC125AT , only when I went to download the drivers I couldn`t & would not roconize anything.. I have been little by little manually putting in freq. As for the RS antenna can you please give me some info.. I find when I am upstairs in my house/ office i receive transmission very well, as soon as I go down stairs its all garbled.. Wi-Fi , tv & everything else screws it up.. I am also looking into an outside antenna , run cable in my house I also have BCD396XT-TRUNKING.. Thanks

dmg1969

Great Subject, I also have a BC125AT , only when I went to download the drivers I couldn`t & would not roconize anything.. I have been little by little manually putting in freq. As for the RS antenna can you please give me some info.. I find when I am upstairs in my house/ office i receive transmission very well, as soon as I go down stairs its all garbled.. Wi-Fi , tv & everything else screws it up.. I am also looking into an outside antenna , run cable in my house I also have BCD396XT-TRUNKING.. Thanks

If you can put up an outside antenna, that is the way to go. If not, the higher, the better (attic or top floor). It really depends on the frequencies (bands) you want to listen to. If you listen to a wide range...the Antennacraft ST-2 is the preferred scanner antenna. If you are more limited in what you listen to (strictly VHF, UHF, 800), maybe another antenna would be better. You should probably start your own thread here in the scanner antenna sub-forum so as no to hijack someone else's thread.

Add: I forgot to answer about the RS antenna. It's just their wideband magnetic mount mobile scanner antenna. It is not one you would want to use as an outside mounted antenna if you have other options. At home, I have three different antennas mounted in my attic because I have not wanted to put up a tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.