New PRO-652 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageComms

Just bought a new PRO-652 scanner for monitoring STARS Network here in Virginia. Read the Users Guide and quite a few threads in different forums. This appears to be best place to ask for help. The CD included with the program cable loaded the trial version of the AR500 programming software. With this I was able to import the Virginia Statewide trunked system for the Richmond Metro Area (sites) along with the talk groups for the State Police into scan list 1. I uploaded this into the PRO-652 and the unit is receiving. It appears I was successful, but I'm not seeing the Alpha Tags on the display when receiving a talk group. I see the 4 digit Talkgroup ID, the frequency, the trunk system name, and the scan list/memory location numbers on the display when receiving. From the pictures on the box and user guide it appears I should be seeing the alpha tag for the talk group. Can someone with a PRO-652 confirm this, and tell me what I missed or did wrong if I'm supposed to see the talk group alpha tag on the display when receiving.

VintageComms

PRO-652 problem solved

This thread can be closed. I solved the issue by importing the data from the RR database again, and then reprogramming the radio. Looks like the alpha tags are displaying properly now.

RDGDigital

Do you have a wildcard programmed for this system? With a wildcard programmed the scanner can stop on a Trunk Group that you don't have programmed. When this happens the scanner will not display the Alpha Tag, but just the Trunk Group ID.

I believe this may be what you're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.