Looking to buy a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2win11

A real newbie here. I would like to buy a scanner that will allow me to listen to local police, EMS, county (Sheriff's), and Texas DPS. I am clueless on what to purchase and whether or not I would even get to listen due to analog and digital, which I don't understand very well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Portland, Tx 78374.

Soundman

If you are new to scanner get a bcd 436hp .It is easy to use .It has the Analog and Digital you need .Also you don't have to program it .All you need is a computer .

Last edited:

safetyobc

Try asking in the Texas forums, you may get better responses from someone local that can help you a little better.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Please ask to have the thread moved by a Moderator rather than risking a warning for cross-posting.

To get a Moderator's attention, click the little triangle with an explanation mark inside of it to report your post and ask that your post be moved.

Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
A real newbie here. I would like to buy a scanner that will allow me to listen to local police, EMS, county (Sheriff's), and Texas DPS. I am clueless on what to purchase and whether or not I would even get to listen due to analog and digital, which I don't understand very well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Portland, Tx 78374.
See this response to your original post in the Texas Forum.
http://forums.radioreference.com/te...nd-texas-san-patricio-county.html#post2398850

However, to hear Texas DPS, as well as a new system being put online in your area, Coastal Bend Regional Interoperability Network Trunking System, Varies, Texas - Scanner Frequencies , you would need a digital scanner.

Current models that would work include:
Uniden: Handhelds- BCD396XT, BCD325P2, BCD436HP
Base/Mobile: BCD996XT, BCD996P2, BCD536HP
Home Patrol-1, Home Patrol -2

Whistler: Handhelds: WS1040, WS1080
Base/Mobile: WS1065, WS1095 (released soon)

Radio Shack: Pro-651 (Handheld), Pro-652 (Base/Mobile), Pro-668 (Handheld)
With Radio Shack's bankruptcy, parts and service support for these could be a problem.

There are older models that would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.