Jamestown NY Fire frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strbuk

Hello, I'm new to the form, and I did not know where to place this post. I've noticed with in the last two months I've lost the ability to hear Jamestown fire department calls on my Uniden scanner. It's a relatively new scanner I don't know if the change frequencies or went digital. I've asked around and no one seems to know around here. I don't know if anybody has any information on this. Thanks if you can help, or steer me to the correct discussion on this.

N8IAA

Hello, I'm new to the form, and I did not know where to place this post. I've noticed with in the last two months I've lost the ability to hear Jamestown fire department calls on my Uniden scanner. It's a relatively new scanner I don't know if the change frequencies or went digital. I've asked around and no one seems to know around here. I don't know if anybody has any information on this. Thanks if you can help, or steer me to the correct discussion on this.

A simple search of the RR database shows that the city of Jamestown FD and PD have gone to conventional, P-25 digital VHF Hi frequencies.
Since you didn't post what the scanner is that you have, I have to presume that it is an analog scanner. You will need any of the older P-25 digital scanners that are available to hear those frequencies.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.