Does anyone have any of these Bearcat crystals ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportster883

Hello, My current project is a Electra Bearcat IV. I have 5 crystals in it and it is working great. I need more crystals so I can have more channels to listen to. Here is a list of the frequencies I am looking for.

153.770 154.250 154.370 154.445 144.650 155.700 155.550 155.175

Right now I have 155.370 Fire 1, 155.340 EMS to hospital, 155.775 ODOT, 155.310 Myrtle Creek Police,
and NOAA. I have had to clean the pot switch for the squelch so I decided why not clean all of the switches and get the inside looking really sharp. After that it works even better and I am really enjoying this old scanner. I do have other crystals that I have taken out of it if anyone is interested. Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
Dug mine out today. It's been on the shelf for at least 10-15 years. Still works well. Amazing listening to dispatches on one channel and immediately hearing a second channel active (no delays).

They sure don't build 'em like this anymore... I'm guessing mine is 40 years old.

Sportster883

Dug mine out today. It's been on the shelf for at least 10-15 years. Still works well. Amazing listening to dispatches on one channel and immediately hearing a second channel active (no delays).

They sure don't build 'em like this anymore... I'm guessing mine is 40 years old.
That is really cool that you got out your old Bearcat and it is working great. I enjoy listening to the one I have because it is so clear and no delays. I have this app on my cell phone and I hear things over my scanner that you do not hear or I hear it on the cell phone app a few seconds after I hear it on my old Bearcat. I am not computer or cell phone savvy and wonder why that is. The feed on the cell phone app says it is tuned into the same channel yet I hear things it does not transmit. Any ideas ?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Live feeds are limited to what the feed provider streams. They are also restricted as to what can and cannot be streamed, such as police tactical / car to car channels, medical channels, etc.

Also there is a slight processing delay due to the time it takes the audio to get from the feed providers location to the Broadcastify servers in Texas then back out to the listeners. There is usually a 40 second or so delay.

Sportster883

Thank you for the information. I had no idea that brodcasify was restricted on what can and cannot be streamed. It makes sense I pick up mostly fire and emergency channels and I can see why it would be restricted. The delay is about 40 seconds here I got bored and timed it myself. Hopefully I will get a few more crystals soon and be able to hear more.

Sportster883

I have seen them on ebay. Honesty I would rather trade the ones I can't use on here for ones I need to help others here. I have found places to buy them. Tons of Regency crystals out there not so many for Bearcat. Thank you for the tip I appreciate it. Have a fun, safe, and great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.