Import frequencies using Chirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

larbian

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a Baofeng BF-F9 tri power. I am using CHIRP daily-20150623 .... GTK 2.24.10
PyGTK 2.24.0 Python 2.7.10.

I can download my radios image using BF-F8HP, but when I try to import my local frequencies from radio Reference, I get an error that I need a sud's memory package installed.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what I need to do?

avdrummerboy

What kind of programming cable are you using, from my experiences, most frustrating things like this are caused by cheap/ crappy cables from shoddy manufactures.

larbian

Premium Subscriber
It's probably a generic. I had to uninstall 6/23 and install 6/22 daily and it worked fine.

tamrolyat

Bf-f8hp

I am having the same problem. I am running windows 7 and I have the anytone tech cable from baofeng tech. I keep getting the message "Suds library required for RadioRefrenence.com import. Try installing your distribution's python-suds package." The only forums I find on this issue are OXS users

larbian

Premium Subscriber
Go to the daily build and chose the parent folder and then chose an older daily build. I had to install 6/20 after different error messages on 6/23 and 6/22.

I don't go along with cheap cables are the problem because I have a generic and bought a Baofeng cable and same problems with each. Save your money and buy what you can afford.

wkm

Definitely not the cable. Suds is a SOAP client for executing remote web services. For a windows py program it should be included in the executable by the dev. As most Win users haven't gone through the lengthy process to get python to run natively on their pc. Try rolling back the version of the build you are using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.