396xt cannot hear CT state police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just got a used 396xt and i am trying to listen to CSP. I deleted all the preloaded stuff after i factory resetted it and then made a new system on the scanner under Motorola as thats what system CSP uses, i then added all the frequencies and talkgroups but i never hear anything. I can confirm there is chatter on the frequencies because i can stream it online and hear them speaking. i am only scanning for chatter on my new system i created so i am confused why i never hear anything, i am not that far away either.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Did you program one specific site or all the frequencies clumped together? Start off by programming the site closest to you and see if you can hear it. Program each site separately and assign them their own System/Site Quick Key.

When it is scanning that system what happens when you press hold? It should stop on the active control channel and display the system ID.

Also make sure you have programmed the custom table. See the box at the top of the page. (Click on the link - underlined in blue).

Last edited:

teufler

conn file

HERES A FILE THAT SHOULD WORK. CONN. IS A SMALL STATE SO ALL THE STATE POLICE SHOULD WORK. QUICK KEYS ARE ASSIGNED, FILE IS A FREESCAN FILE, ZIPPED PER RR REQUIREMENTS. LOAD FREESCAN get your cable recognized by Freescan and the comport, upload this file.

Attachments

• CONN STATE.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 104

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks to you guys i can now hear the ct state police, i dont understand why i needed the custom band plan though and how was i suppose to know that anyway. Its not on the page for the ct state police so i dont understand. I still havent plugged my scanner into my computer but i did use the freescan file to base my programming off of. I only programmed troop d frequencies and TGID's but i pickup TGID 1616 which is troop C for some reason, i think its only when i have it set to id search instead of id scan. But honestly i dont really understand the difference between the two.

Also so that means i need to enter a custom band plan for all CT state police, why doesnt the 800/900 standard, or 800 splinter work?

teufler

oh the custom band plan is on the CT state police page.

Important Rebanded Note

One or more sites for this trunking system have gone through the 800 MHz rebanding process. Your scanner may be incompatible, require a firmware update or require special programming to track these sites. Please visit the RR Wiki Rebanding page for additional information.
now unless you know the settings, you will have to look them up in Wiki. Now getting the file,and uaing Freescan to read it and load it is much easier. In ID search mode, you wsill get ANY TALK GROUP that shows up on the frequencies, while in ID SCAN, you only pick up groups that you have programmed in. Say you only are interested in the area around you, you input talk groups that are close to you, you will not hear a groups from several counties away.

SCPD

QRT
Ok i saw the notice but didnt really understand it i guess, why dont they post the band plan you have to enter in to make it simpler. Also why doesnt uniden update firmware to easily add this band plan.

And some of the troops frequencies must overlap because i only entered in one troops frequencys and TGID's and in id search mode i recieve transmissions from other troops TGID's.

SCPD

QRT
Is there any advantage to using control channel only feature besides not having to type in all the frequencies? I have control channel only ON in freescan but i programmed all the trunks frequencies anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.