Help needed with BC436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjhsba

I have a BC436hp and am having trouble with it. Maybe the problem is I'm a Mac user, but I have both Parallels and VM on my machine trying to get it to work with Sentinel.

Here are the main issues:

1. After unsuccessfully trying to use a micro SD card I already had, I bought a new one and installed it in the scanner. Formatted it using SDFormatter (which was recommended). When I connect the scanner via USB cable to my Mac, I continually get the message "SD Card File Error, Use Sentinel 'Clear User Data' . . . " The scanner does show up in both Parallels and VM as being connected.

I've done the clear user data, then tried writing the database and favourites list to the scanner. Nothing happens. Unplug the USB cable, turn on the scanner again, same message to clear user data.

2. I unplugged the scanner from the computer, turned it back on, got the clear user data message and now can't even turn off the scanner (other than pulling out the batteries). When I disconnected the USB Cable, my computer wanted to initialize the disk, which I did via Disk Utilities in MS-DOS (FAT) format. Went back to VM and tried to clear user data and then write to the scanner with the database. Nada. Still get message to clear user data. Scanner won't turn off.

I should mention that among my many attempts to get a new micro SD card to work, I also tried to format it in a card reader. Same problem when it went into the scanner.

The original micro SD card that came with the scanner seems to work, but I don't want to mess it up by downloading anything from Sentinel to it. I thought this thing was supposed to be easy to use.

Short of finding somebody with a PC, anybody have any suggestions on how to get the 436 up and running with a new micro SD card.

Thanks.

Voyager

Are you using the latest version of firmware which fixes the "MAC Corruption Issue"? If not, your MAC may render the card unusable. Get a friend to update the firmware if you really don't want to use a PC to update the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.