stuck in niagara county, ny

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendletonjohn

i cant figure this for the life of me. niagara county goes to p25 phase 1. i am stuck without the frequency numbers of the towers and the talk group ids, or so says uniden that i need. does anyone have that info? when i told uniden im stuck at edit band plan, they said i didnt need to enter those fields anyway. lost, please help. thanks.

Last edited:

W3DMV

In the forms section click on New York and you will find a thread discussing
the Niagara Co system. It's just coming on line and some good info is listed
in the posts.
Also, looks like the frequencies are listed in the database now. Click on New York,
then Niagara Co and roll to the bottom of the page where you will find the new system
listed. Looks like the guys have the frequencies and some talk groups listed.
----
Here is a link if you can't find it

Niagara County Public Safety System Trunking System, Lockport, New York - Scanner Frequencies

pendletonjohn

i see the frequencies, when i was on with uniden, they said i need the frequency number of the towers and the talk group ids to get up and running, the ones they saw on rr were analog. is that how you see them? thanks.

mciupa

Which scanner do you have and what software are you using for programming?

Newer Unidens need only the Control Channel entered. The control channel will find all the frequencies and populate the band plan area with P25, you don't have to as has been said.

Until you reach Member status, your post responses may be delayed for us to read, so we'll have to be patient until you hit three posts.

BTW, welcome to RadioReference. :)

pendletonjohn

i have a bcd996p2. i tried to use the freescan software, but failed, now back to direct input method, which also is failing. i think i have the system in, a site generated, was stumped at the edit band plan, which i now know to leave blank. now i am at set frequency/new frequency. i was on with uniden tech support yesterday and they said from all they saw on rr, niagara county was still analog. hence the stuck part. thanks for the nice welcome.

mciupa

So, we are using the same scanner. :)

I hope you are using FreeSCAN-2.18-Beta2 . You have to go to the sixspot software Freescan forum, become a member and download the software. FreeSCAN 2.17 won't work.

This is the band plan as listed in my 996P2:
00 -- 851.00625 / 6.25
01 -- 762.00625 / 6.25
02 -- 851.01250 / 12.50
03 -- 400.00000 / 6.25
04 -- 935.01250 / 12.50

Last edited:

pendletonjohn

i am using (not successfully) the freescan - 2.18 beta 3. couldnt get that to work either. you wouldnt happen to be from niagara county and those would be the frequencies i need or are they example of how they look, although uniden said i didnt need. all im really trying to do is get niagara county on it.

Ncfirewire

i am using (not successfully) the freescan - 2.18 beta 3. couldnt get that to work either. you wouldnt happen to be from niagara county and those would be the frequencies i need or are they example of how they look, although uniden said i didnt need. all im really trying to do is get niagara county on it.

these are the control channels to put in the first 4 are the primary ones the others are alternative ones

424.16250 424.26250 424.31250 424.36250

423.83750 423.86250 423.93750 423.96250 424.06250 424.13750

pendletonjohn

so in the meantime i thought i would try to update my firmware by registering my scanner, which i did and there are no downloads for the 996p2 only the 996t in the my download section and all the links to uniden were invalid. i went into my device manager and saw i had no driver. this is not the easiest product to navigate.

pendletonjohn

finally got the firmware update to take. switched to a vista machine i had and it took 2 tries but i got it. very rewarding when it works. also freescan came up on that machine reading the 996p2. thanks for all your help group. next battle: figuring out call groups. i remember seeing a thread that listed about 8 call groups for niagara county, but for the life of me i dont remember where. it may not have been on this site. if you recall seeing this thread, how about a reminder to where i saw it? i have a good memory, but its short.

pendletonjohn

thanks, so the call groups are the 3 digits. been hearing a lot of 218 and 219. going to try and customize my scan group next. i really like this unit. thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.