BCD396XT Issues with ARC-XT Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobFrank

I just subscribed to premium membership today. I sent the Mass State Police System to my Scanner, it worked the first time, I had to reset the scanner cause I messed something up, now it will not detect any of the Mass State Police Trunked system. It picks up local channels and all but will not receive any of the Mass State System, what am I doing wrong?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might confirm that you re-wrote the MA state police system to your scanner after the re-set.

Also check to see that any quick keys associated with this system are enabled.

I expect it will be something fairly simple. All a re-set does is "erase the blackboard" and you have to re-load everything that was there before. But it easy to overlook something during that re-load process.

teufler

File for mass state

Looking at the scanner screen, you see s0 and GRP. You should not see any "*", as the scanner says you have groups or systems turned off. With the tower closest to you, in the Mass System, you should see signal strength bars displayed. I don't have ARCxt, only Freescan here but I have attached a Freescan file, you can upload, and if it works, then download with ARCxt. Then go back to using ARCXT. File is zipped per RR requirements.

Attachments

• mass state.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 62

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
One thing I noticed is that you have three groups: MSP Turnpike, MSP Low Band and MSP 800 that contain conventional frequencies.

You could be confusing the scanner with this "mixing and matching" of conventional and trunked. I'd try removing these and creating a new system "MA SPol Conv" with them.

Other than that, I'm scratching my head. I downloaded the MA State Police and got what you did.

teufler

ARCXT FILE

ok, here is an ARCXT FILE, MASS STATE ONLY. FILE is zipped per RR requirements.

Attachments

• mass state.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.