New to Digital Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathmer

Hello!

I'm 36 years old and from St. Louis (and yes, I did in fact grow up near where the events in Ferguson are unfolding / did so last year, I used to ride my bike down W. Florissant where most of the activity is).

Anyway, that aside... The local agency's swapped over to digital radios, and I could no longer hear anyone on my old Radio Shack scanner that had served me well for many years.

So I broke down and purchased a Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP, which arrived today. So far, so good, but I've had to "tend" to the unit quite a bit so far. Aside from the expected and normal firmware and database updates I did out of the box, I had to manually update the firmware on the USB WiFi dongle to get it to work correctly, quite the procedure, but it's working.

For the moment I'm reading manuals, posts, and watching youtube video's to try and figure out how to get this thing set the way I want.

This is def. not like the old days of punching in a freq or hitting the "scan" button and you're done... These trunked radio systems are something ...

Which is what prompted me to sign up here and start reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.