Help with BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

333president

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,
I am totally new to the scanner world. I bought a Uniden BCD436HP on Amazon. Based on the reviews, it seemed like a good scanner. I programmed it using Uniden's Sentinel software.... but I am barely picking anything up! I live in a suburban area with lots of local police/fire departments. I have all the lists turned on and I think I am doing everything right. But it barely goes off. I don't even get weather channels.

I thought maybe the Uniden software database wasn't accurate for my area. So, I subscribed to the premium service on this website to try some different software along with the Radio Reference database, but none of the software appears to work with the BCD436. Am I missing something? Do you have any ideas on how I can pickup more channels or why software like FreeScan (and everything else on this website) doesn't work with the 436? Is there anyone or anywhere that I can pay to remotely program this thing? Thanks guys. Confused and frustrated.

333president

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I was hoping that was the problem, lol. All the lists are on, including the ones I put in and the default Michigan database that I loaded from Sentinel.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Ok so you have law-tac fire-tac and so on enabled in the service types? The reason I ask is you are saying lists and not service types.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

333president

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help Mule1075, I really appreciate it. Sorry, I am still getting used to the terms. I do have all service types on (every one of them).

333president

Premium Subscriber
Actually, you were right. The one service type was off. I turned that on and now I get the weather channel for USA and Canada. But still no other activity really.

fishon

I'm no expert, but go outside to a high point and see if you get anything. Try other areas in your town. Mine works great everywhere but my house.

CalmWind

If you have the system set to scan the entire data base, you should be getting something. When you scan, what do you see on the screen? Does it appear to be cycling through the different systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.