Sentinle software

Status
Not open for further replies.

glfain

I have the same scanner and I can't get the sentinel software to work on my HP PC running windows 7. The software is ver 1.03.01 and it will not open when I double click the icon, it says on a pop up the sentinel software stopped working and windows is finding a solution then it closes. I hired 24/7 techies to work on it and they tried for three days off and on and could not get the program to work. Would windows 10 fix the issue I wonder? Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

glfain

Tuttle PD radios

I live in Tuttle, Ok, Grady county and I can not find the PD radio freq any more since they changed last year. I need someone with knowledge on the radio types they use now. They have a small round antenna about two inches high the diameter of a quater. Could someone please tell me what type of scanner I need and how to get the freq. I had bought a Uniden BCD 436HP and it will not pick them up.

N8IAA

I live in Tuttle, Ok, Grady county and I can not find the PD radio freq any more since they changed last year. I need someone with knowledge on the radio types they use now. They have a small round antenna about two inches high the diameter of a quater. Could someone please tell me what type of scanner I need and how to get the freq. I had bought a Uniden BCD 436HP and it will not pick them up.

Your purchase of the 436 to monitor an older analog/digital system was over kill. A pro-651, BCD396XT, or HP-1, which I recommend, or similar scanner would have done you better and cheaper.
First, when you put Sentinel on your PC, did you do all the firmware and database updates and add that to the SD card?
Did you make a favorites list for your county on the OKWIN system and configure it and load the configuration to the SD card?
Another suggestion, you may want the moderators to move this thread to the OK state fourm.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

I just noticed that Tuttle is not on OKWIN, but the police are DMR which no scanner will work with.
Larry

glfain

ok fourm

How do I get this moved to the Ok fourm and if Police depts are using DMR there should be someway to listen if it broadcast over radio freqs, just asking I am not a radio person with all of that knowledge like you guys.

N8IAA

How do I get this moved to the Ok fourm and if Police depts are using DMR there should be someway to listen if it broadcast over radio freqs, just asking I am not a radio person with all of that knowledge like you guys.

Click on the triangle above your join date, and let them know to move the post.
One way to listen, is with a SDR dongle, and putting a digital decode program on a computer. Or, to buy a DMR radio and try to figure out all that is needed to receiver the signal and hear it.
Just one of those things we have to deal with.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.