Hello, from the Florida Panhandle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhandler

Hello, from the Florida Panhandle. New member here. With the recent tropical storm I decided to check up on my old Radio Shack Pro-94, and see if it was up for another stormy season. Unfortuntely, there are power issues, and it drains batteries like nobody's business. I have had this particular scanner for right around 15 years. I would say, and it has been good to me. I am walking into this with very little knowledge. I knew just enough to program in my local stations. IT has been a long time since I have monitored significantly. With all that said. I purchased a Uniden BCD436HP, with the idea of getting back into this, and then once I am savy, proceed on to get my HAM license. So, hello again, I look forward to conversing and learning from you all.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hello, from the Florida Panhandle. New member here. With the recent tropical storm I decided to check up on my old Radio Shack Pro-94, and see if it was up for another stormy season. Unfortuntely, there are power issues, and it drains batteries like nobody's business. I have had this particular scanner for right around 15 years. I would say, and it has been good to me. I am walking into this with very little knowledge. I knew just enough to program in my local stations. IT has been a long time since I have monitored significantly. With all that said. I purchased a Uniden BCD436HP, with the idea of getting back into this, and then once I am savy, proceed on to get my HAM license. So, hello again, I look forward to conversing and learning from you all.

Welcome to RR.

Where in the Panhandle are located at? I'm in the Panama City area. I also have the 436hp.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I am in Crestview, about 30 miles east of Pensacola. Good to see another local! How do you like the 436hp? Mine should arrive tomorrow.

I like it so far. I had it since Feb 2014. Only problem I have with it is the Real Time Clock error comes up. People have that problem after awhile it won't hard charge. Other than that it works fine for me.

wise871

Database Admin
Welcome to the group. You will like the 436. There are a few of us in the local area from Santa Rosa and Okaloosa who own the 436. Check YouTube for K4DPS videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.