BC355N Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman63

I just purchased a new BC355N scanner and I found easy to program the frequencies I wanted into the pivate section. When I scan I get all kinds of other channels coming in that I don;t what. Is there a way that I can only scan the frequencies that I want to listen to? I do get the ones I programmed, but it's very annoying to have to lock out all the others that come in. I hope someone can help with this.

Birdman63

mark40

Premium Subscriber
Hey birdman,
Make sure that only PRIVATE is blinking in the top left of the display. On occasion I've hit one of the other buttons (PD/FD/EMG, AIR/MRN, etc) and in-advertantly enabled another group of frequencies. You will have to press those buttons (PD/FD/EMG, AIR/MRN, etc) to disable until just PRIVATE is blinking all by itself.

Also make sure a rouge frequency is not programmed in PRIVATE. If that is the case you can find a blank channel 000.000 and program 000.000 to override the frequency you want to get rid of.

Or just lock them out but there is a limit on how many you can lock out
The original BC350 had no limit to lock outs which was much better IMO.

M40

Last edited:

Birdman63

M40,
I have done everything in the first paragraph, and the scanner is only on private. Not sure about a rouge frequency being programmed in the private setting. How would I check to see if there is ? As far as programming 000.000 into a frequency range, I'm not sure how that to do that either. There is nothing to input numbers on the scanner. Sorry if I sound naive, but my previous scanner only had 30 channels and was very easy to program with only the frequencies I wanted.
I have lock-out many many unwanted frequencies, but it seems there is no end to them. I programmed about 40 frequencies in the private channel.( All our local police, fire and rescue frequencies.) That is all we are really interested in listening to.
Any easy fixed for a rookie like myself ?

Birdman63

mark40

Premium Subscriber
OK, now what I'd suggest: Lets see what you have in the PRIVATE bank. Some of this is redundant to you but I wanted to fully explain for anyone who stumbles on this thread in the future

Use the UP/DOWN arrows to toggle thru the entire bank 0-99
Write down the channel numbers of the unwanted frequencies.
I'm sure you have a list of what you want to keep.

1. To Lock Out permanently
Press PRIVATE, using the UP/DOWN arrows toggle to the unwanted ch/frequency- then push L/O twice.
[NOTE: If you push L/O only once it is temporarily locked-out (TL/O on the display), if you turn the scanner off all TL/O channels will be automatically cleared/unlocked.

2. To Delete permanently (recommended)
Press PRIVATE
Press HOLD
Use the up/down arrow to find any empty channel that indicates 000.000
Then press PROG (CH will start blinking alongside 000.000)
Then Press PRIVATE
Press the up or down arrow to get to one of the unwanted channel/freqs. you identified
Once there, the channel number/unwanted freq. and 000.000 will be alternately flashing
Press PROG and 000.000 will overwrite the unwanted freq.

Birdman63

Mark40,
Just wanted to thank you for all your help. I haven't had time to try your last suggestions, but I'm sure they'll work. You were spot on with the first suggestions. I will get back to you as soon as I get threw programming the scanner. (this weekend) I didn't want to leave you hanging, again thank you very much.

Birdman63

Status
Not open for further replies.