Uniden BCD325P2 Programing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogersjoey6

Looking for programing help on my Uniden BCD325P2 that I just purchased last week. I am trying to listen to Hancock and Shelby county Indiana police departments. I was able to get the fire department programmed in but not the police. The police operate on the Motorola Type 2 SmartZone omnlink which my scanner is compatible with that system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

N8IAA

Looking for programing help on my Uniden BCD325P2 that I just purchased last week. I am trying to listen to Hancock and Shelby county Indiana police departments. I was able to get the fire department programmed in but not the police. The police operate on the Motorola Type 2 SmartZone omnlink which my scanner is compatible with that system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you done all firmware and DSP updates since you've received the scanner?
Do you have the correct tower sites programmed for both counties?
You may want to ask in the Indiana state forum for help.
Larry

rogersjoey6

Have you done all firmware and DSP updates since you've received the scanner?
Do you have the correct tower sites programmed for both counties?
You may want to ask in the Indiana state forum for help.
Larry

I have not done any updates since I received this scanner and do not know how to do that. I no very little about this scanner and thought I would be able to program it since I have programmed my Baofeng UV-5R Successfully

teufler

FIRST YOU DOWNLOAD fREESCAN, The file is a freescan file, it is zipped per radioreference requirements. Unzip file after downloaded, remember trhe directory you unzipped to, then open freescan, hook your cable to your scanner and Yoy go to Freescan an d get the software to match what comport the computer has selcted. This is a one time deal because once you have don e these steps, you shouldn't have to worry again. Sort of the same steps you went to with the Baofeng uv5, if you used the cable.
FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software to get the program
Freescan instructiuons are at wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FreeScan_User_Guide

a you tube video on how Freescan workls,
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QmG4s0bnbE

To see other Freescan items, go to your browser and type in Freescan software.Also you can't get Marion Cty? there should be lots of activity there.

Last edited:

rogersjoey6

FIRST YOU DOWNLOAD fREESCAN, The file is a freescan file, it is zipped per radioreference requirements. Unzip file after downloaded, remember trhe directory you unzipped to, then open freescan, hook your cable to your scanner and Yoy go to Freescan an d get the software to match what comport the computer has selcted. This is a one time deal because once you have don e these steps, you shouldn't have to worry again. Sort of the same steps you went to with the Baofeng uv5, if you used the cable.
Freescan instructiuons are at wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FreeScan_User_Guide

To see other Freescan items, go to your browser and type in Freescan software.Also you can't get Marion Cty? there should be lots of activity there.

Awesome! I will try all this out! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

rogersjoey6

Ok I got my radio programmed using the file you gave me and it works amazing!!! I now have it programmed to just the Indiana Type 2, and it is receiving all Hancock County and Shelby County awesome. I also seem to be picking up some IMPD and ISP traffic and I was wondering how I can strictly get just Hancock and Shelby county units. Granted this isn't a big issue it is just a personal preference.

Thank You So much!!

teufler

I believe the file I sent was scan search rather than scan id. open the file I sent, On the left window, click om the moto2 Indian Project, on the right side window, in the center you see a choice scan search or scan id.Change to scan id. This means that the only Groups you will listen two are the groups you have programmed, that would be Hancick and Shelby cty's. When I first create a file , I leave it to scan search, so I can listen to what comes to the scanner, rather than restrict what comes to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.