looking for scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerman2009

Premium Subscriber
IM looking for a scanner cable of trunking with a discriminator tap not picky as ;ong as it serves its purpose I would prefer a base modle but open to all

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... a used PSR 800 with the latest update would do the job... I use one with DSD+...

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... I thought you were looking for a recommendation of a scanner not to actually buy one from me... I only have one and I use it every day... look on ebay for a used PSR 800... when you put in the latest update it will put out raw audio from the IF jack... you can take apart just about any scanner and make your own discriminator tap if you want... there are plenty of old base scanners for sale on ebay that you can convert...

Last edited:

dozerman2009

Premium Subscriber
I had a typo, I am looking at a bct 15 and going to tap it any feedback on this setup would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
...sounds good to me if you know how to do it... there is a lot of info and links on this site to do the job... don't know what your going to use it for either but that is an analog scanner that you should be able to get cheap... as I was saying I use a discriminator tapped scanner for decoding nexledge on dsd plus software...

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... yup... that's what I use it for NexEdge 4800... works well... only problem is that it is a trunked system and DSD+ doesn't trunk... does work well as I monitor the voice channels and not the control channel... it's a crappy Kenwood system and they certainly could have done better but it's a very corrupt city so who knows why they bought this system... the cops and fireman complain about their bad radios but I'm happy I can hear them at all... you can get DSD fast lane privately by paying money (contribution) that can trunk... I'm happy with the system I have set up... it works pretty good... I am very thankful to the great team at DSD as it is free and provides a great service... I use a PSR 800 as you don't have to take it apart and install a discriminator tap... you just go in the menu and choose to activate the IF jack and it works fine... I am in a heavy LSM region so my 800 is pretty useless anyway for regular monitoring of p2 systems but it works great with NexEdge 4800... I use a Motorola APX 7000 for regular monitoring of our local LSM systems as none of my scanners work as you drive around in between towers... if I can be of any help with the DSD I'll try to help you...

dozerman2009

Premium Subscriber
thanks, I'm debating on a psr or bct depending on which would have the best reception, I have herd about dsd fastlane and was wondering is it part of the premium membership to RR or a sseperate contribution

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... I'm not that knowledgeable about this but I know it's not part of RR in any way... you make the contribution to DSD (like $10 or something) that entitles you to updates... you may want to check RR classified I just saw an old base scanner that has been tapped for $110...

Status
Not open for further replies.