4 battery pack for 3 battery scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexMark

BCD436hp takes 3 batteries. I bought 4 Powerex. Do people mark their batteries and rotate them, or...?

RFSnoop

My situation may be a little differ than yours, as my charger will charge two batteries or four batteries, but not three. So, I bought three four-battery packs giving me four sets of three batteries and rotate them sequentially. It is not perfect, but I did not have a better idea.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 sets of 3 devoted to the 436. While one set is in the scanner the other set is charging.

It helps to have a charger that will charge 1,2,3, or 4 batteries depending on what you need.

ApexMark

I didn't think to buy three. Then again, I don't see a 3-pack available. So I have the 3 which came with the unit, and the 4 Powerex I purchased, which I plan to swap back & forth. I'd have to buy 2 more sets of 4 Powerex to get me to 12 (and thus a factor of 3), which would be a total of 15 batteries, which is a bit much.

I guess I will mark them 1-4 and rotate them. I have the C9000, which takes 1-4. It's a terrific charger.

jackj

Get the C9000 charger, I have one also and I swear by it. Also, if you could find a pack of 2 Powerex then you would have another set of 3.

ApexMark

Yup, I already have the C9000, as mentioned.

And - lol - apparently I can't do basic math! I see there is a set of 2 Powerex on Amazon. I didn't even think to get 2 more to bring me to six.

too funny. Thanks jackj!

Mark

ampulman

I do rotate mine. In addition, I carry the 'odd-ball' with me on short trips. When the low battery beeping starts, I replace one of the three batteries with the odd-ball. I also have the batts numbered.

Holds me until I get home.

Amp

Last edited:

jackj

Replacing just one cell with a charged cell might clear the beeping but it is a great way to ruin your other 2 cells. Rechargable cells do NOT like to be reverse charged, doing so will destroy the cell in a very short time.

ampulman

Replacing just one cell with a charged cell might clear the beeping but it is a great way to ruin your other 2 cells. Rechargeable cells do NOT like to be reverse charged, doing so will destroy the cell in a very short time.

Good to know. Actually, since acquiring a a LaCrosse charger, I'm able to charge 3 at a time and carry a backup set.

Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.