New users _ Need a lot of help Uniden BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smullen73

Premium Subscriber
OK I need help getting this thing going... I thought I knew what I was doing, but turns out I don't...

I had an older Analog BC 125 AT I think.. With the Uniden Software, I had it Programmed to scan my City and 3 others that I frequently visit in under a half hour...

This one, not so much.. I can't even get my Laptop to communicate with the scanner...

Here are my details

Uniden BCD325P2 Scanner

USB cable that came with it

ARC-XT Pro Software

HP Laptop with Windows 7

Connected the scanner via the USB cable to a free USB port, Laptop detected the Scanner, Its Not in Charging mode (Scanner that is)

I think in installed the new Uniden Driver correctly.

In Device Mangler it shows as Uniden Serial Port (COM5)

When I go into the ARC software and try to talk to it, via Read or Send Buttons, I get an Error.

Serial port Not available or in use by other software...

Not sure what to try next...

Please help.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with that radio or that software. Anyway if Device Manger is showing a com port I think you got the driver installed Ok. Make sure in the software you are trying to connect to Com5. When connected to the computer, if the radio lets you select Mass Storage or Serial, you might need to select Mass Storage. That's how other Unidens work.Good luck.

Voyager

Maybe try FreeScan (2.18 or later) just as a test to see if it will talk. If it can, you know the driver/cable/scanner are working correctly.

smullen73

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with that radio or that software. Anyway if Device Manger is showing a com port I think you got the driver installed Ok. Make sure in the software you are trying to connect to Com5. When connected to the computer, if the radio lets you select Mass Storage or Serial, you might need to select Mass Storage. That's how other Unidens work.Good luck.

Thanks that got me Communicating with the Scanner!!!!

smullen73

Premium Subscriber
Maybe try FreeScan (2.18 or later) just as a test to see if it will talk. If it can, you know the driver/cable/scanner are working correctly.

I was going to try that, but KR3LC's tips got it working... Or at least Communicating...

I'm sure I'll have may more questions after I get some more time to mess with it...

smullen73

Premium Subscriber
OK, Next issue....

With the scanner (BCD325P2) using the ARC-XT software, I can attach to the RR database and pull down the info for many agencies in and around the areas I want to monitor. I was able to get it pushed into the scanner...

Now, when I set it to scan, I see it checking the various agencies or Groups yet all I can pick up is radio traffic from a Highschool (in the 151.x to 155.x ranges) less than a mile from my house...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
OK, Next issue....

With the scanner (BCD325P2) using the ARC-XT software, I can attach to the RR database and pull down the info for many agencies in and around the areas I want to monitor. I was able to get it pushed into the scanner...

Now, when I set it to scan, I see it checking the various agencies or Groups yet all I can pick up is radio traffic from a Highschool (in the 151.x to 155.x ranges) less than a mile from my house...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what...
I would suggest that you save your programming file, then attach it to your next post. While I don't use ARC-XT (I use FreeSCAN for my 325P2 & a number of other scanners), other members do. That way, someone can take a peek at your file, and see what might be wrong. Often, it's a simple error or omission, easily spotted and corrected by a 'different pair of eyes'.

To attach your file, you will need to either zip (compress) it first, or simply rename it. Only certain file types can be attached to a post. The easiest way would be to add *.txt (without the *) to the end of your file name. Someone then can remove that extension (the.txt) and open it in the software & take a look.

smullen73

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestion...

I will try and get that done this weekend... I have to work all night tonight, not sure I'll be able to get to it...

Thanks again!!!

Scott

Voyager

Check to make sure both the Sites and TGs are present for any trunked systems.

Also make sure any Quick Keys you assigned are enabled, and that nothing is locked out.

You may simply be out of range of those systems you cannot hear.

Likewise, I don't have ARC, and use FreeScan, but +1 on what heigtx said about attaching the file.

smullen73

Premium Subscriber
i guess when I do this I'll have to save all the systems files as well as a Profile file???

Looking at the file structure, it looks like there is a ""Profile file" that has links, ties or calls to each system file, which may have several ""Groups" in it...

So I'd zip my 1 profile file and 2 system files into on zip package and upload that????

Sorry, I'm sure I'm making it more complicated than need be...

Status
Not open for further replies.