Uniden BCD 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsam106

I just purchased the Uniden BCD996P2 with the P25 Phase I and II. Have noticed that the P25 channels sound a little weird. By weird I mean it sounds like "Watson" from the Jeopardy game. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this situation?

ajsam106

I was told to move the radio from where it was located and collapse the antenna some, that it might be getting too strong of signal. Also told to download the new firmware version. But scanner master was the ones who programmed it. I just had to laugh at most of this.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
The only time I have ever heard digital voice comms sound completely natural is when I have used a professional radio, such as the Motorola XTS5000. I used to use them in my work, and while some scanners can be tweaked to sound pretty good, I have never found them to sound like the XTS5000 did. But to me, that comes as no surprise.

Markef

Maybe Motorola will make a scanner. Bet it would sound great. And the price would be higher then any GRE,Uniden, and Whistler scanner.

justabigham

Premium Subscriber
Where I work they are switching from Motorola System II analog trunking to Motorola P25 phase I digital. The digital sounds like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.