bcd996p2 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambman1

I just got the bcd996p2 scanner and am using freescan to program. The channel I want to listen to uses APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive voice system. I would like to know what I should use in freescan such as Motorola, P25 or what. If I know what program to use I can figure out how to load it. Thanks for any help.

zambman1

bcd996p2

In the freescan programming I need to choose a category such as conventional, Motorola, P25 standard ect I just need to know which one I should use. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In the freescan programming I need to choose a category such as conventional, Motorola, P25 standard ect I just need to know which one I should use. Thanks
It appears that you trying to set up this system:
Rhode Island Statewide Communications Network (RISCON) Trunking System, Statewide, Rhode Island - Scanner Frequencies

Burriville PD has a talkgroup on that system, though it appears that Fire is still on the conventional Vhf-high frequencies.

RISCON is a P25 Phase I system. That's listed in FreeSCAN as P25 Standard. However, since your a Premium Subscriber, just import the system from the database, and FreeSCAN will set it up correctly for you. The FreeSCAN User Guide is in the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.