bcd996p2 scanning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambman1

I have a bcd996p2 and I programmed 2 systems to my scanner but I cant get them to scan at the same time I have a quick key to both one is 1 and the other is 2. Front of scanner shows SO 1 2. If I lock out one system it will scan the other but will not scan both at same time. Any thoughts on this. Thanks

Voyager

When you say "lock out" do you mean disable the Quick Key? Maybe one is scanning so fast (not in range) that you cannot see it on the display?

Disable one quick key, then enable it and disable the other. If you see the respective systems on each one, both will be scanned when you have both Quick Keys enabled.

zambman1

bcd996p2 scanning

When I watch the screen it shows SO 12 but only the 2 is blinking which shows its scanning but the 1 does nothing which I assume it is not scanning. I have police assigned to 1 and fire assigned to 2 but I am only hearing fire and no police.

zambman1

If I disable either quick key it will scan the other channel just cant get them to scan at the same time

Voyager

I think my previous comment is accurate. The one system (on QK1) is being scanned so fast you don't realize it is being scanned.

If it's a trunked system, none of the channels are active or none of the control channels are in range (depending on the trunking type)

zambman1

If that was the case would I still be hearing at least some police action because I don't get anything. Both systems are conventional. I have tried everything and still cant get them to scan at the same time. Could I have changed something in the settings which would cause this problem. I don't have any idea which way to turn at this point.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software are you using? If you were to dump your contents into an app file, zip it and attach it others can take a look at your settings to see what's amiss...Mike

zambman1

When I got the scanner I loaded the new up date and am using free scan to program it.

zambman1

some how I got it to work. I held the 2,9 and hold buttons in when I turned it on and it started to scan all systems. Thanks for all your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.