Not receiving much and seemingly no P25 w/436

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a new BCD 436HP.

I am surprised by what I am not hearing. Virtually nothing.

Occasional transmission on Collin County Public Safety, some from the airport which is farther than the Interstate and not even picking up CB traffic.

P25 for McKinney shows a strong signal and the squelch is at 15.....but I have not seen ONE transmission come from a P25 system, and really not getting much of anything at all.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

mitbr

Just picked up a new BCD 436HP.

I am surprised by what I am not hearing. Virtually nothing.

Occasional transmission on Collin County Public Safety, some from the airport which is farther than the Interstate and not even picking up CB traffic.

P25 for McKinney shows a strong signal and the squelch is at 15.....but I have not seen ONE transmission come from a P25 system, and really not getting much of anything at all.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

If you are trying to hear McKinney TX PD they are encrypted. If you are trying to listen to fd they are listenable make sure you have enabled the pd talk and tac service types and you might want to turn the squelch level down to around 2 instead of 15.
Tim

If you are trying to hear McKinney TX PD they are encrypted. If you are trying to listen to fd they are listenable make sure you have enabled the pd talk and tac service types and you might want to turn the squelch level down to around 2 instead of 15.
Tim

Thanks. That's unfortunate......no ability to listen to local police.....

Seems like I get Collin County sheriff, not much of anything else.

Disappointing......

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Squelch at 15 is way, way too high. The signal would have to be very strong or close by to break the squelch. I never set my squelch above 2.

Also re: CB, scanners do not pickup CB well due to the need for a large antenna and their low power.

Status
Not open for further replies.