Homepatrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
Hello after many years of scanning from the crystal Bearcat III to the current Realistic Pro 2021 i'm thinking of upgrading. I'm seriously considering the Uniden Homepatrol 1. There currently is no need for a P25 Phase 2 scanner in my area and don't see anything going to Phase 2 in the foreseeable future.

I would like to hear from some Homepatrol 1 users on how they like these units.
What are some of the pros and cons?
Thanks in advance....

Badboy536

I love my homepatrol 1 & 2.its the ease of use.the Receive on both her in los angeles is very good.i do use
After market antennas on both though.the biggest thing is the color screen very easy to see from across the room.i love my 536 but the Tiny text on the screen is a Drawback.the homepatrol is mush Easier to take with you also.then the 536.good luck.

Attachments

• 20151213_102155.jpg
    20151213_102155.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 159

Voyager

Pros: Large display (easy to read), handle almost all modes of any other scanner (minus P25 Phase II), GPS capability (add-on), great for desktop use.

Cons: Not really a portable or a mobile form factor. Difficult to use "eyes off" (no tactile buttons). No external speaker output (but has earphone and line out - need an amplified external speaker if you want one).

@badboy: I can almost read the 536 in your pic (Police Dispatch?) - same as the HP is almost readable (Los Angeles?).

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
I went through the same thing you are now. My choice was the 436 or the HP1 possibly the HP2. There are some P25 channels but mostly analog. I chose the HP1. The price was great, the display even better. The P25 channels Rx great. My only complaint .. No priority option. I've had my HP1 for about a year and really enjoy my scanner. I'm sure you know to get an aftermarket antenna, I use a Hustler mag mount and I also made an off center dipole. Anyway that was my choice and I'm very happy with it.

Phrostbyte74

Premium Subscriber
I love mine - as for "running circles" if you want easy setup, easy to listen to what you want to hear, go HP-1 or HP-2.... If you want to get into the real technical side of scanning you might want a 996 or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.