BC346XTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt530

I just got this scanner and I'm a green horn. I think I programmed it correctly because it scans but nothing is audible. I must be missing something.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you are trying to hear the State digital system in Michigan then the 346XTC will not work, it is only analog. It is fine for analog systems like VHF or UHF police and fire channels, railroads etc. but will not work on digital trunked systems of any ilk.

captclint

Mentor
I just got this scanner and I'm a green horn. I think I programmed it correctly because it scans but nothing is audible. I must be missing something.
You may need to understand a little bit about the structure of programming. Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki
IN a nutshell, there are conventional and trunking radio frequencies. Conventional is the easiest to manage, so just remember that you must create at least one system and one group under that system. You enter conventional frequencies into one or more groups. Think about Systems as the main folder on your PC, and groups as sub folders into which you enter frequencies. So if you did all that, let us know what sorts of things you programmed that are not working.

Walt530

BDC436HP Bearcat Police Scanner

I returned that analog scanner and bought this BDC436HP scanner. To set it up all I do is put in my zip code. That works fine except when it scanne's it picks up the city's around me and not my city, that's the reason I bought it in the first place. Any help would be appreciated, I must be doing something wrong. Thanks

N8IAA

I returned that analog scanner and bought this BDC436HP scanner. To set it up all I do is put in my zip code. That works fine except when it scanne's it picks up the city's around me and not my city, that's the reason I bought it in the first place. Any help would be appreciated, I must be doing something wrong. Thanks

Did you download Sentinel and do all of the firmware and RR database updates and upload them to the scanner?
Also, you may want to ask that your thread be moved to the Michigan state forum where you will receive help from those in your area.
HTH,
Larry

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
It could be that the location data for your city is not accurate. I would check that out for sure. The RR database is rife with useless location info. For instance, if you lived in the town of Woodburn here in Oregon, and you had the range on your 436 set to 5 miles, you would not pick up anything from your whole county. See this thread where it is discussed in more detail:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/325613-sentinel-location-setting.html

Status
Not open for further replies.