Programming for Dickson County with BCD536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac1970

Having trouble getting my county ( Dickson TN. ) to pick up on my BCD536hp scanner. Not able to hear anything when zip code entered as well. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Having trouble getting my county ( Dickson TN. ) to pick up on my BCD536hp scanner. Not able to hear anything when zip code entered as well. PLEASE HELP. Thanks
It looks like at least some of the agencies in your county are in this system: Tennessee Homeland Security District 7 NXDN Trunking System, Various, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

That is an NXDN, NEXEDGE system. No scanner currently on the market, including the BCD536HP, will track that system. At best, you should still be able to monitor the conventional channels, though not all appear to still be actively in use. You should also be able to monitor the statewide Phase II system, Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
However, I do not see any of your county's agencies listed for that system, but you may still hear activity for state agencies on it, and perhaps some of your surrounding counties may also use it.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately that isn't good news for you.

Still you might confirm that you have enabled all the Service Types of interest and I'd suggest increasing the Range value to 50.0. You can decrease that Range value once you get more used to the scanner and want to narrow down what you momitor.

100pcttn

Hey HVAC1970.......Were you able to get that scanner to work here in Dickson County? I was looking at upgrading to this one myself, but not if it doesn't cure the problem of no longer receiving our local PD. Thanks.

N8IAA

Hey HVAC1970.......Were you able to get that scanner to work here in Dickson County? I was looking at upgrading to this one myself, but not if it doesn't cure the problem of no longer receiving our local PD. Thanks.

Well, he hasn't been on since that post. NXDN is being used in Dickson county. You would need to get a scanner with a tap to monitor, or a SDR and PC with decoding software. You should go to the TN state forum and read about the NXDN systems in your state.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.