BC125AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

danpayne

I'm an old fart new to scanners and trying to program my first one. I can't figure out how to program a tone code that says 5cc. Also, how do I program a new channel without deleting the existing one?

danpayne

I'm probably using the wrong terminology. After I've programmed the frequently on the radio frequency chart, it shows 5cc under the "Tone" column that has the CTCSS and DCS codes.

wtp

the main thing

the only thing you need to hear stuff is the frequency
pl/ctcss is to cut out anyone on the same frequency that has a different pl/ctcss tone

if you could tell us who you want to listen to we could help and there are some systems that can not be monitored.

Last edited:

wbswetnam

A tone of 5CC refers to the digital format DMR (also known as MotoTurbo), which cannot be monitored by your receiver. You'll have to skip that channel, unfortunately... the only way to receive it is to buy the AOR AR-1 receiver (about $1200!), or use a scanner with a discriminator tap connected to a computer running the DSD+ program, or an SDR dongle running the aforementioned program.

wbswetnam

Actually, modifying your BC125AT is not difficult, if you have a 10K resister, a soldering iron and a steady hand. BC125AT

The unfiltered audio output can utilize the existing headphone jack so you can simply plug in a mono audio cable into the headphone jack and plug the other end of the cable to the microphone input of your computer. Install and configure DSD+ and away you go!

This mod will void your warranty, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.