Partial Transmission/ Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDQFIREWATER

I am trying to set up my Uniden Bearcat scanner. I was able to set transmissions but all of the towns that I wanted. I bought and installed a Diamond D-130J antenna that I bought from Scanner Master. I am now picking up a bunch of transmissions but my ARC-XT Pro software is only recording the first 1-2 seconds before cutting out.
Scanner Master programmed it to read the fire dispatch frequencies for my county. I have played with some of the settings and thinking I might have created the problem.
Does anyone know what I should try to do next?
I tried having the squelch at all different setting and it does not change.

Please help
Tim

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Is it only recording the first few seconds, or only hearing/demodulating the first few seconds? AKA does the radio remain listening to the transmission, or does it act like the transmission went away?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If this is something you also notice while listening to the scanner (audio cutting out), I'd suspect some type of priority check is happening. It could be weather, priority channel scan or close call.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
i hear the first 1-2 words on some and the recordings are only static

I say again, I say again.

Is it only recording the first few seconds, or only hearing/demodulating the first few seconds? AKA does the radio remain listening to the transmission, or does it act like the transmission went away?

Status
Not open for further replies.