problem with prgramming pro 652 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevanwagner

I got a Radioshack pro 652 scanner for Christmas.Today I got the Radioshack scanner programming cable today with trial software.I put the software on my computer today.Under the please select scanner model it doesn't have the pro 652 is there any other way to program the scanner using the trial software or are there any other software out there to download to program a Radioshack pro 652 scanner.Please help.

mwkleinwi

recent Pro 652 buyer

Chipl57 is correct. A week ago I received a Pro-652. I programmed the scanner using the 197 settings. I also downloaded Win500 after reading many posts here on the forum. I have used both but do not have a strong opinion yet toward either software. That being said the trial period for Win500 is a bit longer than the software that comes with the cable.

MWK

DJ11DLN

Win500 vs ARC500 quickly becomes a Ford vs Chevy/Miller vs Bud thing. Don't forget the Dodge of the bunch, PSREdit. All will get the job done, and everyone will have their own preference. I liked Win500 best but could use the others. Take advantage of the trial periods to figure out what you like best before you buy. Enjoy your 652 -- my 197 is my favorite scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.