Scanner databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8uad

Is there a way to convert the .csv files that you can download here into a .file that can be loaded into a scanner? I am new to trunking. I am looking at getting a BCT15, if I can figure out if it will work in my area.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to convert the .csv files that you can download here into a .file that can be loaded into a scanner? I am new to trunking. I am looking at getting a BCT15, if I can figure out if it will work in my area.

Before you make your purchase, what is the target area you want to monitor ? Odds are they maybe using a P25 system and the BCT15 is not capable of receiving digital

n8uad

Thanks for the replies! I used to be BIG into scanners many years ago, but lost interest. Now I am trying to catch up as it were. Now I will have to research scanners that will work with the P25 system. Thank you both for your input!

N8IAA

Thanks for the replies! I used to be BIG into scanners many years ago, but lost interest. Now I am trying to catch up as it were. Now I will have to research scanners that will work with the P25 system. Thank you both for your input!

You need to go over to the NC state forum, further down the fourms page, and ask for help from people in your area. It appears the you might have the county system and the VIPER system operating in your county. Best to ask those in the know. Either way, you'll need a digital, P-25, Phase I scanner.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.