Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasidy

I was wondering how to listen to just the police scanner, Im having issues with this and was wondering if anyone can guide me to where I need to get to. Any help would be great. Thank you all so much, have a wonderful day. Oh, I am trying to listen to the police scanner in Dalton, GA. I am trying to be a Dispatcher and would like to listen to them to practice the codes and typing. I have my interview in less then a week and any help again would be great. Thank you so much.
Chasidy

captclint

Mentor
I was wondering how to listen to just the police scanner,Oh, I am trying to listen to the police scanner in Dalton, GA. I am trying to be a Dispatcher and would like to listen to them to practice the codes and typing. I have my interview in less then a week and any help again would be great. Thank you so much.
Chasidy
Welcome to RR. If you don't own a scanner, you can listen to Whitfield here: Whitfield County Georgia Live Audio Feeds

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You could also go to the Broadcastify site where a large number of radio feeds are hosted.

Dispatchers are a very important part of public safety. How well they do their jobs can make all the difference in the outcome of an incident. Unfortunately they tend to be the "forgotten link" in the chain.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I am trying to be a Dispatcher and would like to listen to them to practice the codes and typing. I have my interview in less then a week and any help again would be great. Thank you so much.
Chasidy

Might want to get familiar with these guys:
https://www.apcointl.org

They do training, but it's not free. There is some good information on the site about the job and the issues you'd face. Roaming around the site and at least making yourself familiar with the current issues might add some value.

Good luck.

Blackink

I was wondering how to listen to just the police scanner, Im having issues with this and was wondering if anyone can guide me to where I need to get to. Any help would be great. Thank you all so much, have a wonderful day. Oh, I am trying to listen to the police scanner in Dalton, GA. I am trying to be a Dispatcher and would like to listen to them to practice the codes and typing. I have my interview in less then a week and any help again would be great. Thank you so much.
Chasidy

Good luck with your interview...... :)

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The public doesn't realize the importance of dispatchers in the chains of events that occur on a daily basis in public safety. I spent over 3 decades as a cop in Georgia and I learned to appreciate some of the seemingly little things they do. But its those things that many times help smooth out the problems that are bound to occur.

You'll be working in communications but that's so much more than just sending officers to calls. I taught communications for 20 years and it wasn't radio communications. It was how to talk, how to read body language and, just as important, how to listen. If you say something and it's not understood by the receiving party, you haven't communicated. You've only talked.

With your enthusiasm, I think the interview will go just fine. Good luck.

Blackink

The public doesn't realize the importance of dispatchers in the chains of events that occur on a daily basis in public safety. I spent over 3 decades as a cop in Georgia and I learned to appreciate some of the seemingly little things they do. But its those things that many times help smooth out the problems that are bound to occur.

You'll be working in communications but that's so much more than just sending officers to calls. I taught communications for 20 years and it wasn't radio communications. It was how to talk, how to read body language and, just as important, how to listen. If you say something and it's not understood by the receiving party, you haven't communicated. You've only talked.

With your enthusiasm, I think the interview will go just fine. Good luck.

Great post....Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.