PLEASE HELP! Uniden Trunktracker IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I have had this digital scanner for well over a year now. I programmed it once and never touched it again so I am rusty with the function. As of late I have heard RACOM doing tests on fire channels, and mentioning p25. I am not sure what changed, but I came home tonight and my scanner has no signal, is still on the Ankeny, IA Rebanded (RACOM) and is displaying ID SCAN with a NFM underneath. My scanner has been key locked so I don't think I bumped anything. And ideas what is going on? Is the NFM normal? And I also cannot remember if it was supposed to be on id scan or id search. Thank you in advance for your help I can't live without the thing.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
RACOM is an EDACS system which is being phased out. RACOM is being replaced by the P25 digital system linked below:

Central Iowa Regional Public Safety Communications System (CIRPSCS) Trunking System, Des Moines, Iowa - Scanner Frequencies

More information is available in the forum below:

http://forums.radioreference.com/io...ew-polk-county-700mhz-p25-phase-2-system.html

Your current scanner may, or may not work. It is reported that it may be a Phase II system which, if true will require one of the Phase II capable scanners listed in the link below:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...d-buy-listen-my-local-police.html#post2433184

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
So my BCD396XT will not pick up anything anymore?
It will if the transmissions are Phase I and not encrypted, and you have programmed the new P25 system. I would program the new system and see what you get. The Phase II upgrade may not be in use yet.

Usually even if it is Phase II if there is at least one Phase I radio on the talkgroup all transmissions will revert back to Phase I.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.