Uniden quick save/group

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I found a link a few weeks back on how to direct enter a few known frequencies to what I think was a quick group? Long story short I cannot find it, and was wondering if someone knew of something similar or another thread that explains how to do this step by step without using a computer. Basically, I have 5 frequencies I want to listen to but cannot figure out how to program them again. I have a BCD396XT

Also, I still have the frequencies in the scanner under qck save cnv sys, but I cannot figure out how to make it scan that again.

captclint

Mentor
I found a link a few weeks back on how to direct enter a few known frequencies to what I think was a quick group? Basically, I have 5 frequencies I want to listen to but cannot figure out how to program them again. I have a BCD396XT

Also, I still have the frequencies in the scanner under qck save cnv sys, but I cannot figure out how to make it scan that again.
From Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

"Quickly Storing a Conventional Frequency
To Program a Frequency into a 'Quick Save Group' in a 'Quick Save System', in scan mode press Hold to hold on any channel.
Enter the frequency and press E/yes.
At 'Quick Freq Save?' press E/yes.
Note: If the frequency is already stored in the group, 'Frequency Exists Accept? (Y/N)' appears. Press (.)no to return.
The scanner will save the frequency in a (created) group called 'Qck Save Grp' in a (created) system called 'Qck Save Cnv Sys' (with no quick keys assigned) and you will be at the 'Edit Channel' menu to complete the settings for the new channel. If you don't want to edit the channel settings or are done editing the channel, press L/O to return to 'Hold' to enter another frequency or Scan to exit.
Then see Edit Channel Options, Edit Group Options, and Edit Conventional Systems Options to customize the channel(s), group, and system."

Since you say you have alresdy created the quick save system and it is not scanning, you need to go to it and see if it is locked out, or you assigned a quick key. Follow this to see if the Qck Save Grp is really there, and it see if the system is not locked out:

"To Edit Conventional System Options press Menu. At 'Program System' press E/yes.
At 'Select System' scroll to the system that you want to edit and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Edit Sys Option' and press E/yes.
Scroll to the options below and press E/yes. Press Scan/Srch to return to scanning when done with editing
Set Lockout determines whether a system will be scanned or not (even if the quick key for the system is turned on). 'Temporary L/O' means until you cycle power. The default setting is unlocked.

Last edited:

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I reset the scanner. Put all the channels back in. Any idea why it says DAT and appears to not scan?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I reset the scanner. Put all the channels back in. Any idea why it says DAT and appears to not scan?
Are these conventional frequencies you are referring to?

I believe if you see DAT on the display this is a trunked system and it is indicating reception of a Control Channel.

Providing the frequencies, your location, and what you are trying to receive would help.

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
It worked fine a week ago, but after I shut my scanner off for the first time it started doing this. I'm in ankeny iowa, polk county. They recently had a big transition here. I can hear all the other channels when I manually select them I just can't get it to scan. The frequency it is displaying DAT is 856.0625
Should I try doing away with that one?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you program this as a P25 Trunked System. 856.06250 is your system's control channel and 856.7125 is the alternate.

These are the only frequencies you program.

You were probably hearing transmissions on the individual frequencies, but this will not allow you to track transmissions.

Last edited:
D

darunimal

Pleasant Hill, IA are associated with this frequency 856.0625, those are on the RACOM - IA, SD, MN, NE, IL, WI RACOM - IA, SD, MN, NE, IL, WI - The RadioReference Wiki
which is an "EDACS" "System", they can't be monitored as "Conventional Channels" in any "Group"

They are to be programmed in as "EDACS System",
your local tower "Site" is Pleasant Hill and all "Edacs" associated frequencies.

Enter the frequencies and their LCN Logical Control Numbers (Logical Number Order) for Pleasant Hill, IA *Polk
09 854.31250 10 855.31250 11 858.31250 12 861.31250 13 858.71250 14 859.71250 22 856.06250 24 857.76250
LCN 09 for frequency 854.31250 LCN 10 for 855.31250 so on and so forth

Your "Groups" will consist of TGID's one might be TGID 1845 (TGID stand for Talk Group IDentification (Numbers)
and then you change it to the Name you prefer Ankeny PD DISP. (1845 A Ankeny Law 1 Police Dispatch (linked to 460.275)) the A stands for Analog, if there is a D you will need the a BCD436HP or BCD536Hp scanners with the $50 Pro-Voice Upgrade. Your BCD396Xt will only pick-up EDACS Analog

You can program in "Conventional" Frequencies into a "Convention System", then into a "Group" like these frequencies Polk County, Iowa (IA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

but the good news and bad
is it looks like your local area is migrating to a system your current scanner should pickup part of, its called P1 (aka P25 P1 or Phase 1) but not P2 (Phase 2)(its actually abbreviatedPi & Pii) the bad news is it looks like your local area is will change all traffic to Phase 2 in the not to distant future and your scanner wont work for that and you will need a scanner with P2/Pii capabilites These Scanner will work in with P2 Uniden BCD436HP, BCD536HP, HP2, BCD325p2, and BCD996P2 o r GRE PSR-800, Radio Shack Pro-668, Whistler WS1080, WS1085, WS1095, WS1098 the GRE 800/Radio Shack Pro-668 and Whistler WS1080 and Whistler WS1088 are all very closely related save the 1088 has a key pad. Central Iowa Regional Public Safety Communications System (CIRPSCS) Trunking System, Des Moines, Iowa - Scanner Frequencies And you can put this in the scanner as a P25 System

Concepts and idea's/beginners guide to Trunk Scanning
http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/c/c7/Trunking_description.pdf
Common Trunking Programming Questions - The RadioReference Wiki the last part in this article doesn't correctly identify which scanner can receive EDACS Provoice

Last edited:

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
And darunimal EDACS is done it's already switched over. Take a look at the iowa forum if you'd like. Good news is as long as one radio is phase one it will revert all the phase two's back to P1

My whole issue is I lost my serial cable and I've never done it manually before.

Last edited:

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
Also what do you mean by track transmissions? I entered those now I'm not real sure where to go from there.

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
WACN: 45564
SID: 06A
NAC: 06A
RFSS/Site: 53(Hex 35)

851.1875 (CC)

I got to the entering a site part and it lost me.

this is what I am trying to accomplish. (I think) if anyone has a moment take a look at the last two pages of the new polk county 700mhz thread under the Iowa forum.

Last edited:
D

darunimal

Program P25 system

To Create a New P25 System press Menu. At 'Program System' press E/yes.
At 'Select System' scroll to 'New System' and press E/yes.
At 'Select Sys Type' scroll to 'P25' and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Standard Trunk' . At 'Confirm?' press E/yes.
At 'Edit Name' press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Edit Sys Options' and press E/yes.
Create a new Site with your Frequencies
Then you can create Groups as you want them

ChiefHawkeye

Premium Subscriber
i put in the freqs. Tried to scan. still missing something I believe..

update: I finally got it, thank you much

Last edited:
D

darunimal

Add Channels aka as TGIDs in a group or multiple groups and rename them what you want then to be displayed on the scanner as.

TGID NAME
1857 Polk Co PS-1
1801 Law 1
1892 Law 2
1805 Law Info
1806 Law C2C
1889 Fire Dispatch
1841 Fire Respond

Then "Edit System Option" change "ID Scan/Search" to ID Scan to receive only those TGID's programmed in, that you want to listen to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.