Whistler 1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

wboyce58

For some reason my scanner is not picking up. Once in a while it will pick something up but not very often. Not sure if I have it set up right. Help please.

SugarD

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento, California, United States Of America
I'm having the same issue with my Whistler WS1065 and it is driving me nuts. I've programmed it several times using various methods, but it rarely gets anything while in Scan mode. Tune and Search will pick up on the same frequencies just fine. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a firmware issue with our scanners.

Premium Subscriber
For some reason my scanner is not picking up. Once in a while it will pick something up but not very often. Not sure if I have it set up right. Help please.

I called Whistler Tech Support and he walked he thru it in 5 minutes. Used a talk group.Wildcard method.

SugarD

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento, California, United States Of America
I ended up getting my WS1065 to work with non-P25 talkgroups, but for some reason it was really not liking P25 setups after the first time it was programmed correctly. It absolutely refused to pick up anything on P25 after I added more talkgroups, save for very, very rare and short transmissions. With non-P25 on the same radio networks, it catches everything.

These things are incredibly difficult to get working unless you have the settings just the way they want them. It amazes me that Whistler didn't include programming software when they directly advertise RadioReference as a programming resource in their manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.