Moved to Citrus Co., FL need to find new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECV

Hi all, moved to Citrus County FL from Illinois and find that my PRO 2006 won't do here. What scanners will work in this area for PD? Some said no scanner made that will work, others say that the Pro Voice scanners will. I have no idea at all , any help in steering me in a direction would be very much appreciated.

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
Yeah looks like you will need provoice which means a Phase 2 scanner such as bcd536hp or bcd436hp with a separate purchase of the pro voice unlock code from uniden($50.00). Since you didn't say EXACTLY where you live I am guessing from looking at the database that anything less than a Phase 2 scanner won't suffice. These two scanners are the only two that offer provoice.

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, moved to Citrus County FL from Illinois and find that my PRO 2006 won't do here. What scanners will work in this area for PD? Some said no scanner made that will work, others say that the Pro Voice scanners will. I have no idea at all , any help in steering me in a direction would be very much appreciated.

I had a PRO2006.... fine scanner too! I gave it to my uncle when i upgraded... sadly it's gathering dust.. just like my uncle!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

Any scanner does P25 Phase l will work. The PD has some "Encryption" according to the Data Base.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Last I checked Citrus County Sheriff is all or mostly P25 encrypted. You can still monitor FIRE/EMS with any digital scanner as they are reportedly not encrypted according to the last forum discussion and database updates.

You don't need Provoice capability, the only Provoice activity in Citrus is the highway patrol but they are full time encrypted and have been for many years. The only change to that will be to P25 in the years to come and I'll assume, also encrypted.

So shop around, any P25 Phase I scanner will suffice if you want to monitor the local FD. There isn't any reported Phase II activity on the system but if your budget allows, it might be a good idea to get a Phase II scanner for the future.

Welcome to Florida. If you have any specific local questions in the future you might get more accurate responses in the Florida Forum. Florida Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

ECV

So basically I am just SOL for scanning PD down here. Well I guess its time for a new hobby. Thanks to all who responded, you guys saved me from making a very costly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.