Programming a BCD436HP dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCD436HP. I’m quite familiar and proficient with downloading frequencies from Uniden Databases, etc. My prior technique of copying and pasting into a spreadsheet format for downloading older models does not work with this particular model. I have approximately 100 cruise ship frequencies I wish to import for an upcoming cruise next week.

Does anyone know of a method I can use to dump them as a whole, or will it require each to be inputted one at a time? Considering the time it would take one at a time, I may soon convince myself it isn’t worth it!!!
Thanks in advance.

baayers

Your original post at least to me was a little bit unclear. Are the frequencies that you referred to in the original post already in the RR frequency database or is this a situation where you're trying to manually input custom frequencies you have collected yourself?

troymail

Silent Key
I recently purchased a BCD436HP. I’m quite familiar and proficient with downloading frequencies from Uniden Databases, etc. My prior technique of copying and pasting into a spreadsheet format for downloading older models does not work with this particular model. I have approximately 100 cruise ship frequencies I wish to import for an upcoming cruise next week.

Does anyone know of a method I can use to dump them as a whole, or will it require each to be inputted one at a time? Considering the time it would take one at a time, I may soon convince myself it isn’t worth it!!!
Thanks in advance.

If you're trying to cut and paste from a text doc or spreadsheet, you can do that with Sentinel.

In the simplest form, you can:
  • create a new system in the favorites editor (Systems Tab click the PLUS sign - be sure to select the correct system type)
  • click on the new system from the list on the left and add a department (PLUS sign).
  • click on the new department on the left and then create a new channel (PLUS sign).
  • paste your clipboard data into the new single row you just created and it will add as many rows as is necessary.
NOTE!!! Your COPY data in the clipboard must have the columns as are shown for the list you are pasting into (i.e. channel name, avoid setting, frequency, etc.).

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Perfect, did the trick. I'm going on the Anthem of the Seas and I'll either get the frequencies or learn if they went with TRBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.