Need Help on Antenna Production (CB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatros

Hey everyone. Let me update my latest rig. I have finally found a SWR meter for building an antenna. Using mobile antenna at base station is -as you all know- is very inefficient. My current antenna setup is a mobile antenna with two 2.5 meter (8 feet) cables attached to the ground side. ASCII drawing below;

||
||
||Whip Antenna
||
||--------------------- 2.5 meter wire
|
|
| 2.5 meter wire
|

My SWR value for the current setup at 27.215MHz is around 10 (therefore I am not able to use my radio).

So, now I am planning to make an antenna (not a dipole, tried and failed it with SWR 8 after tuning it) for use with the frequency range of 26.965 MHz - 27.915 MHz AM and FM modulation. The biggest problem is that I am living at the 3rd floor of an eleven story building (each house has two story, therefore I am at 6th and 7th floor of a 22 story building). I can mount it outside either from 2nd floor of the house to the first floor (height of around 4.5 meters or 14.75 feet) or mount it at the balcony (height of around 5 meters or 16.4 feet).

I have looked for options either to buy one or make one but I can't decide on what to do since I am new to this world. Formerly I was using home brewed 12.5cm (4.9 inches) radios (4W output, FM) with PCB antennas. However now the wavelength is about 90 times bigger. Therefore I have no idea what to do with 26.965-27.915 MHz range antennas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. More technical details on the TX/RX can be found below.

TX/RX: President Jackson (Silver) - Modified
TX Power: ~75 Watts (Adjustable)
Most important frequency: 27.215 MHz
Preferred frequency range: 26.965 MHz - 27.915 MHz

PS: I can't order any items from overseas, it is forbidden to import radio related components to Turkey via postal services (including but not limited to regular post, DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx, EMS)

SCPD

QRT
A double bazooka mounted as an inverted v from the balcony would probably be your best option

albatros

A double bazooka mounted as an inverted v from the balcony would probably be your best option

First of all, thanks for the reply. I may need some more information on the double bazooka inverted v. Wouldn't the polarization make a problem in short range communication with vertical antennas? And if not, then is it possible to achieve good results making the antenna itself with TV aerial antenna cable (as far as I remember 75Ω coax)? The only place I could find 50Ω coax ran out of stock recently and I can't find it anywhere else

SCPD

QRT
Mounted as an inverted v a double bazooka will be vertically polarized. And they are often made with 75 ohm coax. They are very broadband and require no balun.

albatros

Mounted as an inverted v a double bazooka will be vertically polarized. And they are often made with 75 ohm coax. They are very broadband and require no balun.

Thanks a lot! I will be trying it out this weekend (if i managed to get my hands on some cable). I will share the results here as well! A huge thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.