Uniden BCT15X/Motorola Type II Smartnet/Vacaville CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmnorthern

I want to scan Vacaville/Fairfield Califronia area, I know they are on Motorola Type II Smartnet. Will the Uniden BCT15X be adequate? Do I need a Digital Scanner? The 15X can scan Motorola Type II, but I don't know if Vacaville is Digital or Analog.

DickH

I want to scan Vacaville/Fairfield Califronia area, I know they are on Motorola Type II Smartnet. Will the Uniden BCT15X be adequate? Do I need a Digital Scanner? The 15X can scan Motorola Type II, but I don't know if Vacaville is Digital or Analog.

Look at the database, Upper right on this page, under RadioReference.com

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Welcome to RadioReference, I will help you.

According to the database page that system is 100 percent analog and the BCT15X should do the job.

Make sure you program it as a "rebanded" system as well. See the notes at the top of the system page linked below.

Vacaville/Fairfield/Suisun Trunking System, Vacaville/Fairfield, California - Scanner Frequencies

At the top of the page if the System Voice indicated "APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive" or "P25", or if in the "Mode" column it showed "D" instead of "A" that would indicate digital use.

You may also find more information in the "California Forum" just scroll down on the Main Forums page to U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums.

Last edited:
J

jmnorthern

OK, I see what you refer to, Thank You. I may have more questions regarding programming as a re-banded system. I'll post my next question. Where in the database or on that database page is the Low and High 800 MHz frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.