maxx-tenna scanner antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahaxt350

To those considering the maxx-tenna constructed in pvc,don't buy it.It is a scam.The maker claims it took much testing and lots of experimenting,but I took mine apart and it is copper tinsle wrapped around a piece of plastic.Looks like tinsle from a xmas tree decoration,and if I didnt mention yet,my telescoping antenna works better.If you want to you could take copper wire and hang it up and it would be a better antenna.No homemade stuff for me from now on.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Let me guess ... you bought it off Ebay? :( 73, n9zas

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I tried one of those years ago. it worked, somewhat, but didn't last long. They are available from the Maxx-Tenna site as well as Ebay. Ebay is just a selling platform they do not manufacture or sell anything.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For some unknown reason, Ebay just seems to be a "clearing house" of sorts for junk that no one reputable would market. :roll: 73, n9zas

I bought one too some years ago. Really the only advantage I found was that the coax gave me the flexibly to mount/move the antenna where I could actually get reception while keeping the scanner close to where I sat. Can't say the unit itself was revolutionary. I would NOT buy it again either.

K2RNI

Heck for something that simple you could just save the money ans attach a connector a straightened wire hanger or welding rod and hang that from the ceiling.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you bought an actual Maxxtenna and not a cheap Chinese ripoff?

A few months ago, I read a story about a kit builder who was emailed by someone overseas. That person ordered the ham radio operator to stop selling his kits and take down his site because they had downloaded his schematics, reverse engineered his kits, and were selling cheap counterfeit versions online.

China is literally buying legit products, reverse engineering them, then building cheap counterfeit versions and making a fortune selling them on sites like Amazon and eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.