Newbie Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMats

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello and thanks, joined the other day and have been reading up on all the info posted. Great information to read thru, it's been a while since I have used a scanner. I'm in the Sacramento CA area and haven't touched a scanner in several years. I started out with a Uniden handheld that needed separate crystals to change the channels, from there I went to a Uniden BC235XLT. Can't pick up a lot with the 235 but it works. I was looking for a new scanner and read all the posts on the Uniden and Whistler, I was ready to order a Uniden 536 when I came across a great deal on a Whistler WS1098 so I ordered one. I hope it wasn't a scam since the price was so low, when it gets here I'm sure I'll have a few questions.

Ron

Weaksignal

Hello Ron,

I'm sure you'll have plenty of knowledgeable help to answer any questions that you may have regarding your new scanner... Welcome to RR.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You made a good choice. I am a Uniden guy but they both make excellent scanners. The information here is the greatest. Not only in the forums but check out the database pages for your area, the Wiki pages attached to those DB pages, and also the RR Wiki.

RMats

Premium Subscriber
Newbie Here WS1098

Thanks for the welcome...

Well, my WS1098 arrived last night, updated the RR info, firmware ect and had it up and running in a few minutes. It was much easier than I thought, I'm amazed over how clear this is compared to my old handheld. I ordered an external antenna that should be here today but I don't think I'll need it, I have full strength signal as is. I'll have to pick up a new SD card, I see what people mean when they say the OEM cards are touchy. I was worried that this would arrive as a refurbished unit since it was 150.00 under the Amazon price. When it arrived I checked it out and it's a new unit, the site I ordered from was legit. I did notice my laptop shows it as a WS1095, I assume the hardware and firmware are the same, only difference I see is the WS1098 has the number keys in front where the WS1095 doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.