Need help programming an older RS Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

allrnot

RS Pro95

It would help for them to know the Model :D

i want to hear local central dispatch. It was doing it and someone pressed a bunch of buttons and now I cant hear anything but the sher. dept. There was a man that knew how ro reprogram it, cant find him anymore and i have noooooo understanding of electronics.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i want to hear local central dispatch. It was doing it and someone pressed a bunch of buttons and now I cant hear anything but the sher. dept. There was a man that knew how ro reprogram it, cant find him anymore and i have noooooo understanding of electronics.
. For starters, Read the link Mike posted above! That will help you get started. 73, n9zas

wtp

i am not sure

what system you were hearing.
but it looks like the bulk is digital and the 95 does not do digital.
could you post who you were listening to?

byndhlptom

Programming RS scanner

The link to the manual will "give you knowledge"

If you manually step through the channels, the display will show a "L" for locked out. Pressing the L/O key will shut off the lockout. Someone probably hit the lockout key by mistake.

Just randomly hitting keys will not usually delete frequencies......

If it's a trunked system, then both sites and talkgroups must be enabled. A little more complicated to fix.....

$.02

wtp

try this

To View all locked out channels, in manual or program mode, press FUNC then L/OUT (each time) to step through the locked out channels. Press L/OUT to unlock a channel. If there are no locked out channels, then the scanner will just beep

allrnot

Pro 95

All of that has been done. I need someone to actually program it. Everything else has been done, books read, yada, yada, yada. That is why I asked for someone to program it.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
I reside in Dona Ana County and the city of Las Cruces is supposed to be going to a P25 later this year and have heard that the city of El Paso is going to Phase 2 TDMA as well. I had a Pro-95 many years ago and programmed it by hand and it took awhile to get it programed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately the 95 can't be 'upgraded' to cover Phase 2 nor plain old P25 (often called Phase 1). There are several scanners on the market that can handle Phase 2 (and by extension, P25)

Mike

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the radio, but does it have a "location" option? With that you would just pop in your zip code and/or county and it will pick signals up for you. FWIW.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
That is why I asked for someone to program it.

If you are looking for help or services from your local area, try checking the New Mexico Radio Discussion Forum. You can get this thread moved there by clicking the report button ( ) located on the top right of your first post.

This forum is more for trying to learn about the scanner and scanning. It is not really all that good for seeking a local to program it for you. That is probably why you are not getting the help you are looking for.

I'm not familiar with the radio, but does it have a "location" option? With that you would just pop in your zip code and/or county and it will pick signals up for you. FWIW.

Not a feature. Check out the nice wiki page we have for the Pro-95.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.