Problem Chirp Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dima202

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just bought a Baofeng uv-82hp.
Having an issue with with programming it with chirp.

Querying radioreference.com
put in my username/password/zipcode

Results in new tab "Radio Reference LLC RadioReference.com
Loc -2
Freq 0
Name ERROR

I signed up for prermium to have easy method of programming the radio however it's not working out.
Is there a fix? Is this a known problem? - I tried this on Laptop (Win 7) and Desktop (Win 10)

Attachments

• CHIRP_ERROR.jpg
    CHIRP_ERROR.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

jdavidboyd

Hello, I just bought a Baofeng uv-82hp.
Having an issue with with programming it with chirp.

Querying radioreference.com
put in my username/password/zipcode

Results in new tab "Radio Reference LLC RadioReference.com
Loc -2
Freq 0
Name ERROR

I signed up for prermium to have easy method of programming the radio however it's not working out.
Is there a fix? Is this a known problem? - I tried this on Laptop (Win 7) and Desktop (Win 10)
Up near the top, there are two edit fields for setting the memory range. Change the -2 to 0, and change the -1 to 127.

jdavidboyd

Sorry, didn't look at your problem fully. You have to start by downloading an image from your radio. That's why your references are wrong.
Has your computer downloaded and installed the USB driver that goes with your cable the 1st time you connected it?
Then you start by going to the menu, and using the 'download from radio' (called something like that) to get an empty image of whatever is in your radio.
Let's get that working 1st, then we can get into using info from other providers.

dima202

Premium Subscriber
My zipcode is in USA
11214 (Brooklyn, NY)

Manhattan zip-code works: 10018

The data is on the site, can it be updated so I can download it to chirp?

Last edited:

jdavidboyd

My zipcode is in USA
11214 (Brooklyn, NY)

Manhattan zip-code works: 10018

The data is on the site, can it be updated so I can download it to chirp?
I can create a file for that area using RFinder that will list the repeaters in that area. Problem is how to get it to you. Is there any way to private message on this site, so you can receive an email message?

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I can create a file for that area using RFinder that will list the repeaters in that area. Problem is how to get it to you. Is there any way to private message on this site, so you can receive an email message?

You should be able to compress your data file into a Zip archive, and then upload the Zip file to this thread as an attachment to a post.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
If you're looking to program ham repeaters into your Baofeng I would not bother with any data from Radioreference. I would generate my data from repeaterbook.com. Radioreference is a good source of info for Public Safety radio information, but can be very spotty when it comes to ham stuff.

jdavidboyd

dima202

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys.
I have a Radio Shack 95 pro scanner that could use some programming too.
Also use BladeRF SDR for scanning.

The baofeng will end up as emergency radio. It will need emergency stations programmed in.
I'll check out these repeater stations but I do not have a license to transmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.