What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteH

I received a Whistler WS1065 scanner for Christmas. My only previous scanner experience is with an old Uniden 16 channel analog scanner. I know that I probably need to download some software but I am having trouble figuring out exactly what I need to do to get my new scanner into operation. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I received a Whistler WS1065 scanner for Christmas. My only previous scanner experience is with an old Uniden 16 channel analog scanner. I know that I probably need to download some software but I am having trouble figuring out exactly what I need to do to get my new scanner into operation. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Monte, start with this Wiki page.

Among the various links on that page is one that lists the software that will work for your scanner, as well as links on where to find them. There are three programs that work for the WS1065: Win500, PSREdit500, and ARC500. All three have thirty day free trial periods. After that, you would need to purchase a license for the software, or it will quit working. Any of the three will work for programming, and you'll get varying opinions on who likes which one. Choose the one that you are most comfortable with.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.