need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mreddy2u

Does anyone have the primary control channels and secondary for Norridge ,schiller park and Howard heights police, just bought a unication g5 and can't find them

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Have you tried reaching out to your Unication Dealer? As a dealer myself, I'm always there to help my customers program in any system they need help with.

Just make sure your trying to program in a P25 system. The G5 won't work with any other trunk system.
If you are having problems with Out of Range, try removing the Site and RFSID and enter the wildcard FFF for both. Also - make sure your WACN and ID settings are correct for the system you are trying to monitor. And start small - just put your local site in there for now and then expand out with the other sites in the network, but only if you need them.

Feel free to contact me if you need any other help programming your G5. It's a great little pager!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
MCD Dispatch

I listen to them on my G5. Glad they AND Skokie FIRE decided to keep citizens safe and aware of dangers by being in the open. Their frequencies are under MCD Dispatch in STARCOM21 Radio REF sections. They are on STARCOM21 ... listening to them on site 149.
They're on this page https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2324

scroll down to Cook County Talkgroups to see them. Frequencies you use are the Control Channels for the closest Starcom21 SITE to you.

Mreddy2u

Thanks for all the help i am learning day by day. Johnnydollar2 i used one of your old starcom files with ill state police with the blackhawk screen and my g5 works great thanks but somewhat hard to find the right control channels for schiller park norridge Howard hts pd , but i will keep trying

K4EET

Chaplain
<snip> somewhat hard to find the right control channels for schiller park norridge Howard hts pd , but i will keep trying

Not quite sure what you mean by that. I cited the Cook County webpage here on Radio Reference with those municipalities. Didn't that help?

Cheers! Dave

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like Norridge is conventional. Do a search on this page for the frequencies.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=606

Code:
Harwood Heights
Fire by Norwood Park FPD on 154.370 (103.5)

STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois    
Project 25 Phase II    	Police (4000?-series units) dispatched by Municipal Consolidated Dispatch (MCD) in Harwood Heights on talkgroup 3891. (10/15/17)

Frequency 	License 	Type 	Tone 	Alpha Tag 	Description 	Mode 	Tag 
471.28750 	KWB434 	RM	146.2 PL	HHts Police	Police: Dispatch (units 400's) (w/ Norridge Police) 	FM 	Law Dispatch 
155.08500 	KDR465 	BM	151.4 PL	HHts PubWrks	Public Works / PD Tac 	FM 	Law Tac 
461.93750 	WQII765 	RM		Eisnhwr Library	Eisenhower Public Library 	FMN 	Public Works

It also refers you to the STARCOM21 system and use Talk Group 3891 for Harwood Heights and Norwood Park.
If you need to put in the Trunksystem, be sure to put in Talk Group 3891 to monitor the above.

K4EET

Chaplain
Here is the talkgroup of interest:

STARCOM21.jpg

The control channels can be found my the previous posting.

Cheers! Dave

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
There on Starcom, go to the database here on rr.com , look up ILL and go to the SCom list of towers, choose the one closest to your location and pgm in the CCin a system....Im in Joliet and use T102-So Cook Co tower and hear them fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.