Traveling to Up State NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
I will be going up to Delmar NY later this week travel plans are up 287 to I87,I was looking at the NYSP plan which barracks cover my trip? so I can plug them in.
Thanks

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
NYS Division of State Police

I will be going up to Delmar NY later this week travel plans are up 287 to I87,I was looking at the NYSP plan which barracks cover my trip? so I can plug them in.
Thanks

Go to this link NY Statewide Public Safety and there are hyperlinks there for maps and so forth for the NYSP. 287 and I87 (NYS Thruway Portion) are covered by Troop T.

ct_mike

de784,

If you will be scanning while mobile, stay as discrete as possible. New York has some of the most restrictive laws on scanner use I have seen, and the state troopers may take extra interest in you if you have extra antennas on the outside of the vehicle. They shouldn't bother you, but you never know.

ct_mike

de784

Feed Provider
Ny

Thanks for the heads up so it just looks like an hand held with the Diamond antenna

wkredick

I got pulled over 2 weeks ago by NYSP in Rensselaer County for turning right on Red ( did not see sign otherwise behind a bushy tree).
Trooper heard and saw my VHF TRBO portable squaking aways.He inquired as to why I had it and if I was with emergency svcs or other.I told him I sold radios and was monitoring my repeater customers.
He thought it was a scanner and I had him call my office to verifiy my job.
Reminder: keep business cards in my car.Result: he tried TRBO in VHF and bought 2,1 for him and another for his Deputy wifey.
:)

wkredick

I got pulled over 2 weeks ago by NYSP in Rensselaer County for turning right on Red ( did not see sign otherwise behind a bushy tree).
Trooper heard and saw my VHF TRBO portable squaking aways.He inquired as to why I had it and if I was with emergency svcs or other.I told him I sold radios and was monitoring my repeater customers.
He thought it was a scanner and I had him call my office to verifiy my job.
Reminder: keep business cards in my car.Result: he tried TRBO in VHF and bought 2,1 for him and another for his Deputy wifey.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.