Suffolk Cty updated talkgroup list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
Any of you Suffolk County 800 MHz system monitors have any info on talkgroups 22896 and 25616? They are new to me. Any possibility of an updated list out there?

Thanks

Dennis

OTA-K

On a related note ... SCPD is getting ready to implement the rebanding. There was no date mentioned,
but I would imagine it will be done by summer.
All commands have been instructed to do a radio inventory, and the radio shop
will begin recalling the radios..

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Suffolk County was supposed to be done a long time ago according to the schedule on 800 MHz Reconfiguration Transition Administrator

East Hampton is just waiting for Suffolk to reband. I would expect that once Suffolk has moved, that East Hampton would move at the same time, or not too far behind. Both are moving down exactly 15Mhz

Time for me to move all of my Suffolk Stuff to another radio!

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
Exactly how is the rebanding transistion going to work? Is it going to be an instant change over to the new freq's or will the system be simulcasted until everything is moved over?

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I know of at least one TGs radios have been re-programed for re-banding [State Parks]. As with other systems that have recently been re-banded [PAPD & Metro21] there was no simulcasting during a switch over. Expect an over night switch. All radios will be re-banded and switched remotely.

W3MOT

Exactly how is the rebanding transistion going to work? Is it going to be an instant change over to the new freq's or will the system be simulcasted until everything is moved over?

It's instant. The system administrator hits a button on the computer and that's it. All of the Suffolk County radios have already been reprogrammed with the new control channels (old ones are still in there as well...obviously). So now when the switch happens, nothing else needs to be done. The users wont even know the switch happened.

OTA-K

It's instant. The system administrator hits a button on the computer and that's it. All of the Suffolk County radios have already been reprogrammed with the new control channels (old ones are still in there as well...obviously). So now when the switch happens, nothing else needs to be done. The users wont even know the switch happened.

Are you sure ?? I don't recall units being sent in to HQ for the update..Radios currently in the field have not been re-programmed...And I don't think they can be given the new band split..
I think it's more involved than just a new C.C.. I'm pretty sure it's not mix-n-match..
The existing radios are going to be replaced (mobiles and h/t 's).
There is a stock pile of them in the radio shop.

There may be a simulcast period, but I don't think it'll be a flick of the switch and everything is re-banded..

But I Could Be Wrong....

W3MOT

Are you sure ?? I don't recall units being sent in to HQ for the update..Radios currently in the field have not been re-programmed...And I don't think they can be given the new band split..
I think it's more involved than just a new C.C.. I'm pretty sure it's not mix-n-match..
The existing radios are going to be replaced (mobiles and h/t 's).
There is a stock pile of them in the radio shop.

There may be a simulcast period, but I don't think it'll be a flick of the switch and everything is re-banded..

But I Could Be Wrong....

That's exactly how it is in Suffolk.. They're adding some Astro 25 Series portables and mobiles (Detectives get fancy XTS2500's, and I believe all of the cars will have XTL2500's. DPW gets all new XTL1500's and transit received a couple-dozen XTL2500's and a few 5000's...) All of which are "RB" models and are purchased from Nextel for the county. But other than that, that's it as far as "change". The only other change is in the control channels. You'll need to update scanner firmware.... and because im late for work, no time to proof read, so I hope this is good... CLICK!

All of the 800 Radios DO accept the current AND future band split. They're 806-870MHz. The new control channels are in the 851MHz range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.