Wappingers Falls PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozzlenut83

Can anyone confirm that Wappingers Falls PD are still using 452.9500(CSQ)? I haven't monitored them in a few years and haven't been able to be in the area for a long enough period of time to confirm. I know that's the freq listed here on RR and on NF2G. Just wondering if it is still active.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
nozzlenut83

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
452.95 csq is confirmed by direct monitoring today.

wrecker5

wappinger falls pd

This week wappinger falls PD went to a digital type system but there still on there 452.950
I here the dig chatter I talk with two friends that are PD there I also know they use the 911
when the county called them nad they switch over to the village PD. so if anybody knows about Dig
scanner and how they work let me know at hfdcompany45@aol.com

TOM

jfmuller

This week wappinger falls PD went to a digital type system but there still on there 452.950
I here the dig chatter I talk with two friends that are PD there I also know they use the 911
when the county called them nad they switch over to the village PD. so if anybody knows about Dig
scanner and how they work let me know at hfdcompany45@aol.com

TOM

Tom,

Noticed that too, the Frequency is owned by A1 communications and according to their website they are selling digital radios on their frequency. MOTOTRBO which cannot be scanned with a scanner.

Mototrbo

I noticed a few weeks ago they had changed from CSQ to DCS 072, which I guess was apart of the upgrade. They had only a YAGI type antenna on top of village hall. Now they have several white mast antennas.

I know that the Village is working on upgrading their water systems, wells, tanks pumps, generators etc.. and Telemetry was to be apart of that, so that may be factored into this.

Anyone else know the real deal?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Well that sucks..wont be able to monitor them any more the village gets some interesting stuff to listen too, I was looking at a few pics of there new Tahoe and thought I saw a MOTOTURBO mic in there

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Are we talking about the town or the village of Wappingers or both?

Spec

The Village system is for that department only. . The Town is patrolled by the S.O. in specifically marked vehicles using the DCSO vhf system..

NNJradio

Today I heard the digital on the PD channel, are you sure it's not GE provoice? It did not decode on my digital scanner so it's not p-25 audio but that is GE country.
If it is mototrbo is a bad move because now they are locked into a single source where they could have gone p-25 encrypted with multiple vendors available.

radiomanNJ1

One of the cops has a tie in? Maybe he can bust a move on the dance floor.
You cannot monitor Mototrbo with out a mototrbo radio. There are settings within the radio that need to be set the same. It's not P-25 or ProVoice. It's a stupid move that is being sold to some public safety agencies in the area.
$1k radios???
Public Safety on 452?????

One the cops has tie's with a-1 so i'm sure in motourbo is there any scanner out that can bust the code

TOM

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
They just got a new Chief and he wants to change a few things around, all there new cars are going to be black

wrecker5

re wappinger pd

Re radio Tie in with a-1 may have work for them and still does.

re change. PD should get rid of one of there towing guys he does not rep. the village or its people

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
radionamnj1 said:
Public Safety on 452?????

Don't you love how these radio dealers put public safety agencies on business allocated frequencies...and then sell them business/industrial grade equipment instead of public safety type accepted...and then charge them an arm and a leg for the equipment. Goes on up here everyday. Look at all the snowplows, towtrucks, landscapers, oil delivery companies, etc. that were sharing NYCOMCO's EDACS system with public safety agencies. And they wondered why they got busy signals upon PTT during a snow storm.

RadiomanNJ1...it's been going on up here for years. Chief of department or a member is buddies with the salesman. I remember when a certain company was meeting with my old Chief selling their wonderful EDACS system. Chiefs know everything about radios right ? Do you think that any of the dispatchers who use the system everyday and have knowledge of radio communications were invited to the meeting?

Anyway, the salesman was telling the Chief how he and the other administrators could have their own "Admin" talkgroup and the patrol cars couldn't hear them so they could talk freely. Then he starting telling the Chief the Base could call a unit on "individual" (private call) and no one could hear them...not even the public. I happened to overhear them talking and walked out to my car, grabbed my trusty uniden scanner and walked back in the station. Then I started trunk tracking their system and turned the volume up real loud in dispatch. When the sales rep made a private call to the other radio and started saying "test, 1, 2, 3..." the echo was so loud and I starting laughing. I peeked my head out and said, "I can hear everything you are saying...want to sell some more b/s." The salesman was bright red...I think more of being pissed than embarassed. My Chief just looked at me.

A week later we switched to that system. WTF you ask....Chief said he wants to be able to hear the other departments around us. Ok, $45-65 per month per radio lease times how many radios vs. buying a scanner for the car. Hmmmm....

They didn't even bother doing portable radio testing to see if the coverage was sufficient. There are many dead areas all over town..and not just on portable...mobile too. Years later I helped design and implement a VHF repeater system for the volunteer EMS agency that covers that town. You can key up the repeater anywhere in their district with one watt and a wet noodle. Same could have been doing with the PD, but "this is the new best digital thing...all the other departments are going to it..."

Hey, but Wappingers Falls is such a busy two square mile Village PD that needs all this fancy equipment so they can't talk to anybody.

Just my $0.02. That and $3.50 will get you a tall mocha soy skim vanilla whatchamacallit at Starbucks...

Last edited by a moderator:

jfmuller

Just my $0.02. That and $3.50 will get you a tall mocha soy skim vanilla whatchamacallit at Starbucks...

Not in the Village of Wappingers, Starbucks closed, over saturation? (4 within 10 miles) Or the fact that most clientele in the Village can't afford to spend that much, when you have an established Dunkin Donuts and McCafe next door.

Since I lost the ability to monitor the Police, I am thinking of programming in the Drive thru for McD's or does that go by phone to India like everything else?

wrecker5

wappinger PD radio

I think where getting kinda off what we where talking about. But i will ad this the village has change
in the last 20 years most of the people who live there move away. the people who own buildings
are the most part slum lords I think the village has more bars per area then any place .
I'm sorry to say other villages fishkill rex ex have taken step not to let the what happen in the village of wappingers. I have no idea why they went to a PRV radio most of the people are drunk or speak via mexico and there was a huge tow war do to one person who think he owns the village.
however the village will not do any thing to him to to the fact his brother in law is a cop in the village
buy the way the cop own his own towing company and the tow for the village but they can't tow
in the village because therre company is the town. do to the face of brother in law any event
they have DOT k-9 new cars comming just waitng for the tanks. Every time vpd needs help
it going on 911 county or the dispatch calling state or DCSO BUt i hope somebody in radio land
will make a scanner so we can pick up motorturbo i don't care what it cost.

wrecker 5

radiomanNJ1

What a thread! Tow truck drivers ranting and raving. One of them types like he dropped out of school in the 6th grade. Another one telling us how good things are.
Anyone back on the topic?
The Village sounds like the chief wants his communications given a level of encryption. The salesman talked him into Mototurbo because that is what he can sell. Those radios will be at all the hamfests/flea markets soon enough. It would not be illegal to monitor since it's not encryption but only a form of modulation if you can either lease the software or find someone who can program the radio for you. It is against the law to monitor encrypted communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.