855.5625 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I recently stumbled upon this frequency in my scanner (855.5625). It wasn't too active, but I did hear them mention NY Penn Station. After searching the FCC database, it appears to be used as a State Interop frequency. However, I don't see it listed in the RR database under New York State. Can someone please tell me what this frequency is exactly used for and please list any other related frequencies. Thanks.

Ben

n2nov

There are no FCC records in NJ and the only ones in NY are either for the semi-failed SWN digital project or current business licenses around the state. I don't see any licensed to either AMTRAK, NJ Transit or MTA/LIRR (the users of NY Penn Station).

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I recently stumbled upon this frequency in my scanner (855.5625). It wasn't too active, but I did hear them mention NY Penn Station. After searching the FCC database, it appears to be used as a State Interop frequency. However, I don't see it listed in the RR database under New York State. Can someone please tell me what this frequency is exactly used for and please list any other related frequencies. Thanks.

Ben

Did it sound like rail operations traffic or something totally different? Did it sound like it was part of a trunked system or a repeater, or talk around?

ecps92

Pl ? / dpl?

i recently stumbled upon this frequency in my scanner (855.5625). It wasn't too active, but i did hear them mention ny penn station. After searching the fcc database, it appears to be used as a state interop frequency. However, i don't see it listed in the rr database under new york state. Can someone please tell me what this frequency is exactly used for and please list any other related frequencies. Thanks.

Ben

Analogrules

Thanks for all of your help so far. To answer some of your questions......it did NOT sound like it was part of a TRUNKED or EDACS system. It was not very active and in fact, the only traffic I heard on it was hearing the tail end of a conversation with someone briefly saying, "Ok, meet me over at New York Penn Station." The signal was very strong though here in Jersey. I've been monitoring it in my scanner for over a week now, since I heard traffic on it, and I haven't heard any activity on it since. I DID notice it was licensed under New York State in the FCC database, so I'm thinking it might be one of those government TAC frequencies that are rarely used. My scanner doesn't have PL capability, so unfortunately I don't have that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.