Fdny/nypd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I recently left kannapolis, NC to live with family in New Haven, CT, I have an MT2000 that i programmed with all of the FDNY UHF new dispatch frequencies, NYPD CW/SOD/PCT Patrols and what not.
Sitting on my couch for the last 4 nights here in new haven, ct,
I can clearly receive all of the NYPD and FDNY repeaters, even the new UHF Dispatch freqs,
I have heard of skips, but i thought that was only once in a while, it seems to be coming in all the time, but better after the sun goes down,
What's up with that? did they boost their power?
Or am i sitting on some kind of super conductor kinda like the building from the ghostbusters, but in terms of radio frequency?

Right now i am sitting here and it is 9:29 pm and i am listening to 476.5875mhz Precincts MTS, 17, MTN loud and clear as if i was sitting right in times square....and i mean every night too...

n2nov

NYPD repeaters are on very tall buildings in Manhattan. The repeaters for the other four boros (counties) tend to be on smaller buildings or higher natural areas like Grymes Hill on Staten Island. FDNY has towers in park areas in each of the five boros.

SKYNET156

Banned
I understnd that they are on buildings that are taller and such, but i am amazed that i can even pick it up,
I have a hard time picking up systems that are a few towns away from new haven, but i can clearly pick up nypd and fdny, it's weird

ansky

I understnd that they are on buildings that are taller and such, but i am amazed that i can even pick it up,
I have a hard time picking up systems that are a few towns away from new haven, but i can clearly pick up nypd and fdny, it's weird

I also find it a bit surprising that you would be able to pick up FDNY and NYPD in New Haven. Even normal radio stations from NYC (like WHTZ) can sometimes be hard to pick up in New Haven and they are broadcasting with much more power. Are you on top of a hill by any chance?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
high power, high sites and the signal shoots right over the LI Sound w/nothing to stop it.

SKYNET156

Banned
yea, im not on any hills, new haven has alot of tall buildings and i am on the northern side, so i am suprised i am getting it in...alot of cool stuff happening!!

engine3

Premium Subscriber
i,m also in CT but i,m about 50 miles north of new haven and can clearly hear the FDNY most days

NYPD repeaters are on very tall buildings in Manhattan. The repeaters for the other four boros (counties) tend to be on smaller buildings or higher natural areas like Grymes Hill on Staten Island. FDNY has towers in park areas in each of the five boros.

where on grymes hill are the repeaters? because i live there but i cant hear the si citywide rebroadcasts as well as the regular ones

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Ansonia and I've heard FDNY on the VHF band for years, don't listen to PD that much but I can pick them up as well. I've heard FDNY in teh VHF during the day clearly riding up past Hartford on 91 and also well into Mass of I-84 on certain ocassions. I beleive the old VHF are licensed as 350 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.